Coastal Carolina Council Hosts U.S. Rep. Walter B. Jones
- God wants us to vote Republican? Friday, Wayne // Bay Area Reporter;3/7/2002, Vol. 32 Issue 10, p9
Comments on the bill sponsored by Republican Representative Walter B. Jones that would allow churches to endorse candidates and spend money collected from their parishioners to help elect those candidates. Impact of the bill on the existing laws on churches' political activities; Supporters of...
- 'There is still a sadness in my heart'. Rothstein, Betsy // Hill;2/10/2009, Vol. 16 Issue 15, p20
The article focuses on the views of North Carolina Representative Walter Jones concerning the soldiers who went to war in Iraw and Afghanistan.
- Rep. Jones' Tempting Idea. Remson, Rabbi Michael M. // Church & State;Feb2005, Vol. 58 Issue 2, p22
Presents a letter to the editor about U.S. Representative Walter Jones who wants to return to the Judeo-Christian principles.
- 'Bama Beginnings. Kennedy, Kostya // Sports Illustrated;
This article presents an interview with Seattle Seahawks football player Walter Jones. Jones discusses his hometown of Aliceville, Alabama, which boasts a population of 2,465 and occupies only 4.5 square miles. Jones also discusses the eateries and sights in Aliceville. Jones donated money for...
- Rep. Jones says he could buck GOP on tax rate vote. Lillis, Mike; Wasson, Erik // Hill;12/6/2012, Vol. 19 Issue 136, p4
The article informs that Walter Jones, republican from North Carolina, has said that he may endorse the Democrats' petition to force a vote on extending a tax break for middleclass earners.
- Jones, widows seek exoneration for Marine pilots in 2000 Osprey crash. Herb, Jeremy // Hill;3/29/2012, Vol. 19 Issue 41, p3
The article reports on the attempt of two widows to seek vindication for Marine pilots in the April 2000 crash, which was being supported by U.S. Representative for North Carolina Walter Jones who said that the pilots were not at fault.
- Double homicide leaves family riddled with questions. Browne, J. Zamgba // New York Amsterdam News;03/29/2001, Vol. 92 Issue 13, p4
Presents an update on the killing of Barbara Washington and her common-law husband, Walter Jones Sr., in Brooklyn, New York City, on March 1, 2001. Efforts of Washington's sister, Doctor Linda Burke-Galloway to find the murderer; Autopsy results refuting the police's conclusion that the deaths...
- Freedom Fries to Anti-Interventionism. // Reason;Feb2013, Vol. 44 Issue 9, p12
The article reports on the view of Representative Walter Jones on why should the U.S. Congress end the war in Afghanistan.
- Keeping Up With Jones. Antle III, W. James // American Conservative;6/16/2008, Vol. 7 Issue 12, p9
The article focuses on Republican Congressman Walter B. Jones' victory in the May 2008 primaries in North Carolina, despite his move to oppose the Iraq war that costs him his supporters and the top Republican positions. Jones attributed his victory to his position as an incumbent congressman of...