Woolen Socks, Language Classes, And a Chicago Fireboat
- Why Not Plug-and-Play Naval Units? Patton, Jr., J. H. // U.S. Naval Institute Proceedings;Dec99, Vol. 125 Issue 12, p2
Recommends the use of plug-and-play naval units at the United States Navy. Importance for the Navy to standardize procedures to enable ships to fit from one fleet to another; Urgency of the need illustrated by the limitations encountered by units in a naval war game.
- Speaking with Sailors. // All Hands;Aug2000, Issue 1000, p7
Discusses the reasons for the elimination of advancement points for warfare qualifications in the United States Navy.
- ANY DAY IN THE NAVY. // All Hands;Oct2000, Issue 1002, preceding p1
Presents several photographs taken for the 7th Annual Any Day in the Navy issue of `All Hands' in May 2000, which illustrate a typical day in the United States Navy.
- Keeping Uninterrupted Comms. Keres, Preston // All Hands;Jun2001, Issue 1010, p44
Focuses on the operations of the United States Naval Computer and Telecommunications Area Master Stations in Norfolk, Virginia.
- Reflections on Freedom and Service. England, Gordon R. // All Hands;Dec2001, Issue 1016, p52
Contemplates on the commitment of the United States Navy to defend the Constitution against all domestic and foreign enemies.
- NAVIGATING A FROZEN SEA. Smith, Steve // All Hands;May2007, Issue 1081, p14
The article reports that the U.S. Navy has been navigating the Arctic Ocean for its range testing experiments during the Ice Exercise 2007 event.
- Yangtze Gunboats' FINAL FIGHT. Allmon, William B. // World War II;Sep2003, Vol. 18 Issue 3, p30
Presents a historical background on the Yangtze Patrol of the U.S. Navy. Overview of its operations in the 1930s; Information on its river gunboats, such as Luzon; Challenges faced by Yangtze Patrol soldiers in their operation in the Philippines in 1941.
- PUBLISHER'S PAGE. Marfiak, Tom // U.S. Naval Institute Proceedings;Oct2002, Vol. 128 Issue 10, p8
Comments on the launching of the Sea Power 21, vision for the U.S. Navy in the 21st century. Advancement of knowledge on sea power, the credo of the Naval Institute; Lists of sponsors for the naval program; Launch of Sea Power 21 at the Naval Institute Seventh Annual Warfare Exposition and...
- Sea Power 21. Clark, Vern // U.S. Naval Institute Proceedings;Oct2002, Vol. 128 Issue 10, p32
Reports the launching of the Sea Power 21 by the Naval Institute. Vision for the 21st century operations of the U.S. Navy; Transformation of the violent era; Importance of information operations; Impact of global concept of operations.
- Streetfighter Cannot Do the Job. Brawley, Richard // U.S. Naval Institute Proceedings;Oct2002, Vol. 128 Issue 10, p66
Focuses on the concept of streetfighter in the U.S. Navy. Goals of the Navy in attaining full continuum of military operations; List of operational concepts for the navy; Details of the streetfighter ships; Fulfillment of the mission.