The Navy Goes Wireless
- Reader Gallery. // FineScale Modeler;Feb2012, Vol. 30 Issue 2, p34
This article presents a number of readers' scale models which include Per Arne Rikvold's "Mikasa'" battleship, Pedro Moraes' "Brewster Buffalo" aircraft, and Kenneth Childres' "M4 Normandy Sherman" tank.
- A test of endurance. GOHRING, NANCY // Telephony;02/08/99, Vol. 236 Issue 6, p40
Discusses the competition in the wireless industry among telecommunication service providers. Preparation made by all existing wireless operators for other carriers entering their markets; Advantages of providers entering markets over entrenched operators; Survival tactic employed by existing...
- Start now, evolve to the future. McCabe, Eric // Telephony;05/31/99, Vol. 236 Issue 22, p36
Focuses on location-based services offered by wireless network operators. Four categories of location-based services; Location-based services factors which increase the market of wireless industry; Benefits of improved accuracy of location services.
- AFV Intercom Systems. // Military Technology;2007, Vol. 31 Issue 3, p95
The article discusses the use of an intercommunication system in armored fighting vehicles (AFV). Vehicle voice enhancement system is another typical use of intercom system to facilitate conversations of passengers sitting within different zones of a vehicle. Intercom systems for AFV can either...
- Secrets Of success. Gohring, Nancy // Telephony;05/31/99, Vol. 236 Issue 22, p28
Discusses why wireless operators in the United States launched an espionage campaign to steal services schemes from their European competitors. Reasons behind the one to two year lag of the US in wireless communication services schemes; Status of short message services and e-commerce solutions;...
- In-building Coverage Grows In Stature. Marek, Sue // Wireless Week;5/15/2003, Vol. 9 Issue 11, p12
No abstract available.
- E911: calling all carriers. Luna, Lynnette // Mobile Radio Technology;May2003, Vol. 21 Issue 5, p38
Focuses on the requirement given to wireless operators to deploying the wireless enhanced E911 for homeland security in the U.S. Two phases of deploying of E911 service; Amount of fine given to AT&t Wireless for failing to sell E911 capable handsets; Failure of wireless operators to meet the...
- THE POWER OF POWER. Jackson, Donny // Mobile Radio Technology;Apr2008, Vol. 26 Issue 4, p42
The article focuses on the importance of the electrical power for the wireless communications industry in providing public safety in the U.S. The industry has realized that electric power is important as it generates the most advanced technology and sustains the operation of the spectrum. The...
- Are We There Yet? Buckley, Sean // Telecommunications - Americas Edition;Dec2003, Vol. 37 Issue 13, p6
Highlights the roundtable discussion entitled "The Next Generation Gap: Making 3G Real," sponsored by Tektronix and "Telecommunications" magazine. Participation of multiple wireless network leaders from Verizon Wireless, Lucent Technologies and Tektronix; Evolution of wireless network to third...