Department of the Navy Acquisition Community Restructured
- Atlantic Fleet type wings renamed. // Naval Aviation News;May/Jun94, Vol. 76 Issue 4, p6
Enumerates the redesignated names of wing types in the United States Navy Pacific Fleet Command as a result of reorganization effective September 1, 1993.
- PacFlt Wing reorganization completed. // Naval Aviation News;May/Jun94, Vol. 76 Issue 4, p8
Reports on the wing reorganization of the United States Navy Pacific Fleet. Deestablishment of four flag-level functional wings; Creation of nine type wings; Enumeration of reorganized units.
- ComFitAEW-WingPac splits. // Naval Aviation News;May/Jun94, Vol. 76 Issue 4, p8
Reports on the deestablishment of the Commander Fighter Airborne Early Warning, Pacific Wing of the United States Navy in Miramar, California on September 30, 1994.
- ComASWWing-Pac completes split. // Naval Aviation News;May/Jun94, Vol. 76 Issue 4, p8
Reports on the deestablishment of the Commander Antisubmarine Warfare Wing of the United States Navy Pacific Fleet on September 30, 1993 in Naval Airbase North Island, California. Background information on wing duties; Enumeration of units under wing.
- Disestablished... // Naval Aviation News;May/Jun94, Vol. 76 Issue 4, p9
Reports on the deestablishment of Attack Squadron VA-145 of the United States Navy on October 1993. Background information on former duties of squadron; History and significant missions.
- Fleet's structure reorganized. // All Hands;Sep95, Issue 941, p2
Reports on the reorganization of the structure of the United States Navy's Atlantic and Pacific Fleets. Focus of the reorganization; Details regarding homeporting and ship assignments.
- TRANSFORMATION AND THE NAVY'S TOUGH CHOICES AHEAD. O'Rourke, Ronald // Naval War College Review;Winter2001, Vol. 54 Issue 1, p90
Discusses the elements involved in the effective transformation of the United States Navy. Assessment of the imbalance between program goals and potentially available resources of the U.S. Navy; Options available for increasing force structure and interest in defense transformation; Key...
- Naval air power update. LaBelle, Bob // Naval Aviation News;Mar/Apr94, Vol. 76 Issue 3, p8
Discusses the implications of the Planning Guidance of the US Department of Defense on the structure of the US Navy. Aircraft carrier plans; Selected modernization plans for 1993 to 1996; Forecasts for air wing composition; Naval aviation modernization plans; Joint development of weapons...
- Navy Seeking Synergies Between Intel, Surface Warfare Shops On UAS Development. Munoz, Carlo // Defense Daily;2/4/2011, Vol. 249 Issue 23, p5
The article presents information on the plans of the U.S. Navy senior leaders to merge portions of the service's surface warfare directorate into its intelligence and communications shop. The plan is an attempt to promote additional synergies in the field of unmanned system development. The...