Missouri Governor, GOP Reach Deal on Tobacco Transaction
- Denver tobacco ordinance to affect retailers. Kelly, Beckie // National Petroleum News;Dec98, Vol. 90 Issue 13, p22
Reports that the city of Denver, Colorado, will enact tougher regulations on tobacco retailing beginning January 1, 1999. Stricter regulations on the sale of tobacco and ban on tobacco advertising; Specific restrictions in the ordinance passed in May 1998; Similar ordinances in other Colorado...
- Court: Hawaii Can Use Tobacco Proceeds However It Sees Fit. Williams, Rochelle // Bond Buyer;11/20/2002, Vol. 342 Issue 31517, p39
Reports on a ruling by the Ninth U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals in San Francisco, California which allows Hawaii to spend its multi-billion dollar share of the national tobacco money in any way it likes. Court's dismissal of a case brought by state residents on Medicaid seeking a share of the...
- What high court ruling means for tobacco adds. Colford, Stephen W.; Davis, Riccardo // Advertising Age;6/29/1992, Vol. 63 Issue 26, p3
Offers a look at the Supreme Court Ruling that opens the door to a wave of liability claims against tobacco marketers. Legitimate causes for action for state court; Tobacco advertising and their claims are generally not grounds for lawsuits ; Advertising fared pretty well in the decision; Comments.
- Impact of a local ordinance banning tobacco sales to minors. Hinds, M. Ward // Public Health Reports;May/Jun92, Vol. 107 Issue 3, p355
Assesses the impact of a local ordinance designed to prevent tobacco sales to minors by surveys of 10th grade students before and after the implementation of the ordinance. Methods; Results; Discussion.
- Senate OKs near ban on tobacco advertising. Dragomir, Marius // Prague Business Journal;4/7/2003, Vol. 8 Issue 13, p1
Reports on the Czech Senate's approval of the total ban of tobacco advertising starting July 1, 2004. Provisions of the advertising ban policy; Rules regarding tobacco sponsorship of sports incorporated within the proposed legislation.
- State tobacco legislation, Part 1. // JNCI: Journal of the National Cancer Institute;5/3/95, Vol. 87 Issue 9, p637
Presents data on the number of states, including the District of Columbia, with tobacco legislation by category. Advertising; Public education; Smokers' rights; Clean indoor air; Excise taxes.
- Massachusetts may force disclosure of tobacco contents. // Defense Counsel Journal;Apr97, Vol. 64 Issue 2, p307
Reports on the enactment of a statute in Massachusetts compelling the disclosure to a state agency of the contents, other than tobacco, of tobacco products. Rejection of express and implied preemption contentions by the US District Court for the District of Massachusetts; Enabling of...
- State to force tobacco firms to divulge cigarette contents. Baldauf, Scott // Christian Science Monitor;8/1/96, Vol. 88 Issue 173, p4
Reports on a new Massachusetts law called the Tobacco Disclosure Act, which requires tobacco companies to list all the pesticides, flavor enhancers, and preservatives in each brand of their products. Kinds of ingredients usually added to cigarettes; State senator Warren Tolman as sponsor of the...
- Tobacco aid. Babington, C.; Kemper, V. // Common Cause Magazine;Mar/Apr91, Vol. 17 Issue 2, p9
Comments on a little-noticed 1986 law championed by Sen. Jesse Helms (R-N.C.) to bailout the tobacco industry. The Congressional Research Service and the US Department of Agriculture estimate taxpayer cost; Matthew Myers, director of Washington-based Coalition on Smoking or Health and Rep....