Congress OKs Spending Bill With Fewer Highway Funds
- Entitlements and generational accounts. // Economic Trends (07482922);Mar1994, p15
Focuses on entitlement spending and generational accounts in the United States. Social security and health care outlays as a share of gross domestic product; Effects of social security reform; Effects of alternative health care proposals; Net tax burdens on future generations.
- Solving the problem. Goodman, John C. // Vital Speeches of the Day;1/15/97, Vol. 63 Issue 7, p190
Presents a speech given by the president of the National Center for Policy Analysis, delivered to the Atlas Foundation International Conference on Economic Freedom, on September 16, 1996, dealing with entitlement spending. Social aspects; Nature of insurance; Recognition that welfare state has...
- THE NEXT NEW DEAL. Howe, Neil; Longman, Phillip // Atlantic (02769077);Apr92, Vol. 269 Issue 4, p88
Analyzes the federal entitlements process in the United States. Negative aspects of the country's entitlement spending process; Features of the process; Social and economic implications of the nation's federal entitlements process.
- Employing LI's disabled pays off. Goldberg, Carol // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);12/4/95, Vol. 42 Issue 49, p1
Reports that United States spends billions of dollars a year on entitlements for its functional disable population. Views of Don Dreyer of the Nassau County Office of the Physically Challenged (Mineola); Greatest untapped resource.
- Report addresses entitlement spending. // American City & County;Oct94, Vol. 109 Issue 11, p20
Presents the Bipartisan Commission on Entitlement and Tax Reform's report on federal entitlement spending. Budgetary and economic problems; Entitlement and interest payments; Unfunded mandates.
- Entitlement test legislative resolve. Silverstein, Kenneth // American City & County;Feb95, Vol. 110 Issue 2, p18
Focuses on entitlement programs. Expected entitlement crisis in the coming decade; Legislative resolve to tackle the problem; Formation of the Bipartisan Commission on Entitlement and Tax Reform; Budget issues.
- Planting seeds for future entitlements. Solomon, Burt // National Journal;2/22/97, Vol. 29 Issue 8, p384
Discusses the prospects of entitlements in the United States. Proposed entitlement for Alzheimer's disease patients by the Clinton administration; Views from Chris Jennings, a White House expert on health care on the limitations of the plan; Estimated amount of entitlement spending.
- Health care fact. // AHA News;1/2/95, Vol. 31 Issue 1, p2
Presents a graph on the projected growth of entitlement programs like Social Security, Medicare and Medicaid in the United States.
- If you can put a cap on entitlement spending you will put a lid on bad public policy. Kurk, Neal // New Hampshire Business Review;3/31/95, Vol. 17 Issue 7, p26
Opinion. Comments on entitlement spending in the United States. Precedence of the cost of special education over other education spending; Effects of the entitlement programs; Solution to cap entitlement spending.