Serchuk Moves Temporarily to Treasury from IRS
- IRS lawyer clarifies waste ruling. Resnick, Amy B. // Bond Buyer;05/04/99, Vol. 328 Issue 30633, p1
Reports that Bruce M. Serchuk, a lawyer with the Internal Revenue Service, has read a statement in an attempt to clarify confusion over how regulators view certain solid-waste recycling bond transactions. Confusion over the taxation of certain solid-waste recycling bonds; Technical advice...
- IRS hires tax attorney as senior reviewer to bolster its bond enforcement area. Resnick, Amy B. // Bond Buyer;06/25/98, Vol. 324 Issue 30422, p9
Reports that Bruce M. Serchuk, a tax associate at the law firm Kutak Rock in Washington, D.C., will join the Internal Revenue Service as a senior technician reviewer in Branch 5 of the Financial Institutions & Products group starting August 3, 1998. Responsibilities; Career background; Education.
- Treasury May Ease Circular 230, But Isn't Sure How. Ferris, Craig T. // Bond Buyer;5/11/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31881, p4
Reports that the U.S. Treasury Department may be amenable to treating tax-exempt bond opinions differently under a proposed tax shelter rule. Comments of Bruce M. Serchuk, an attorney-adviser in the Treasury's office of tax policy, on the issue of tax-exempt bonds; Municipal market participants'...
- Proposed Refunding Rules Released; Lawyers Voice Concern. Duff, Susanna // Bond Buyer;5/13/2003, Vol. 344 Issue 31634, p5
The Internal Revenue Service's proposed private-activity regulations for refunding bonds could create additional burdens for issuers, tax attorneys attending the American Bar Association's tax-exempt financing committee warned. The proposed regulations would require issuers to calculate the...
- Program for the Development of Fiscal Federalism in the Russian Federation in the Period up to 2005. Berg, O. // Problems of Economic Transition;Jan2003, Vol. 45 Issue 9, p37
Focuses on the program for the development of fiscal federalism in Russia. Flaws of the program; Objectives of the program; Changes in the distribution of expenditure authority among the levels of the fiscal system.
- Political risk - Fiscal Concerns Mounting. // Latin America Monitor: Brazil Monitor;Jan2011, Vol. 18 Issue 1, p5
This article reports on the need for fiscal consolidation in Brazil in 2011.
- New budget maintains competitive position. Wilson, Roger // Asian Business Review;Apr96, p16
Outlines measures integrated into the Singaporean budget for 1996 made to maintain the country's attractiveness for foreign investment. Includes tax on income derived from high value added activities; Launching of the Regionalization Finance Scheme; Unveiling of an Innovation Development Scheme.
- Tax. // Asian Business Review;Apr96, p30
Outlines the Coalition government of Australia's tax policy. Provision of rolloff relief on the sale of an asset or business; Extension of relief available when a house is inherited; Provision of relief when a business is sold to provide for retirement.
- Using multiyear baselines for fiscal policy analysis. Clifton, James A. // Business Economics;Apr96, Vol. 31 Issue 2, p42
Discusses the use of multiyear baselines for fiscal policy analysis. Criticisms against and arguments for baseline budgeting; Significance of baseline budgeting on the end of the Cold War and the health care crisis in the United States; Continuity, controllability and predictability.