- Utilities take on challenges of improved reliability and PQ. Burke, Jim // Electric Light & Power;Jun2000, Vol. 78 Issue 6, p15
Reports on how United States electric utilities are taking on the challenges of improved reliability and power quality. Distribution software; Outage management systems; Predictive reliability analysis; New products and designs; Localized reliability.
- Keep Your Reliability Workforce. Musser, Philip // Power Quality;Jun2002, Vol. 13 Issue 5, p6
Analyzes the downsizing of employees at power utilities in the U.S. Impact of utility company layoffs on marketing and human resources; Effect of such moves on long-term plans for system reliability; Development of the power industry.
- NERC's Mission May Require Some Muscle. // Transmission & Distribution World;Oct2003 Supplement, p48
Focuses on the role of the North American Electric Reliability Council (NERC) in North America. Reason for the formation of the council; Reliability assessments on the bulk electric systems conducted by NERC; Method used by the council to ensure compliance with reliability standards; Efforts of...
- FOCUS ON O&M. Updegraff, Gary; Troester, Glen // Power;Apr2009, Vol. 153 Issue 4, p14
No abstract available.
- RELIABILITY CATCHING UP WITH LOW HEAT RATES IN IMPORTANCE. // Power Engineering;Jan2001, Vol. 105 Issue 1, p24
Reports on the efforts of electric utilities to improve the reliability of their power plants. Effects of the industry deregulation on utilities.
- AGA Activities. // American Gas;May2004, Vol. 86 Issue 4, p33
Announces several conferences and exhibitions sponsored by the American Gas Association for 2004. Compensation and benefits; Accounting services; Pipeline integrity regulations; Gas rates and prices; Gas piping technology.
- Reliability revisited. Burr // Electric Light & Power;Oct99, Vol. 77 Issue 10, p3
Asserts that electric utilities in the United States have been changing in ways that do not favor high reliability standards. Trade-off between profitability drive and further reliability; Industries whose processes depend more on high-quality, reliable power than ever before; Quality of...
- UBICACION CONFIABLE OPTIMA DE RECURSOS EN UNA RED DE DISTRIBUCION ELECTRICA. G., Ricardo Baeza; P., Jos� Rodr�guez; Hern�ndez S., Juan L. // Theor�a: Ciencia, Arte y Humanidades;2003, Vol. 12, p55
Within the framework of electrical deregulation, the distribution utilities must invest new resources to improve their provided services and increase energy sales, to maintain a reliable supply according with present regulations and avoiding penalties and compensations. In this paper, a method...
- Voluntary Relability System Must Evolve to An Enforceable One - NERC. // Transmission & Distribution World;Oct2003 Supplement, p46
Comments on the comprehensive energy bills that includes the reliability language approved by the U.S. House of Representatives and Senate in the U.S. Conference committee appointed by the Senate to the resolve the differences between the approved bills; Inadequacy on the existing scheme of...