New membership criteria will improve flexibility
- Does HR Need a Boost? TILL, CHRIS // Human Resources Magazine;Oct/Nov2015, Vol. 20 Issue 4, p2
The article offers the author's insights on the professional development of human resources (HR) community in New Zealand. It discusses several questions given to the participants of the New Zealand HR Conference 2015 such as the challenges face in the role of HR professionals and the response...
- HR Steps Up Its Game. Fitz-enz, Jac // Talent Management;Oct2014, Vol. 10 Issue 10, p12
The article focuses on the advancements in the practices of human resource (HR) departments. The advancements include the adoption of social media and mobile technology to enhance the recruitment process, the move of HR professionals to invest in certification classes for professional...
- Reimagining the Role of HR. Peterson, Ben // Workforce Solutions Review;Jan2015, Vol. 6 Issue 1, p11
The article offers information on the responsibilities of human resource (HR) professionals in employee management and human resource management. Among the responsibilities are providing professional development for employees, monitoring company culture, and maintaining employee engagement....
- Nightmare on HRD Street. Adams-Regan, Pamela // Training & Development;Nov93, Vol. 47 Issue 11, p50
Investigates the problems commonly encountered by human resources personnel. Factors influencing human resources departments' (HRD) functions; Characteristics of problem trainees; Importance of speaking and presentation skills among HRD personnel.
- THE HR AWARDS. // Smart Business Cleveland;Nov2012, Vol. 24 Issue 4, p35
The article focuses on the HR Awards presented by the Employers Resource Council (ERC) and the Cleveland Society for Human Resource Management, which recognize human resources (HR) professionals in Northeast Ohio who demonstrated excellence in the field of HR management.
- PRESENTER'S NOTE. Naso, SueAnn; Perry, Patrick // Smart Business Cleveland;Nov2012, Vol. 24 Issue 4, p36
The authors introduces the HR Awards presented by the Employers Resource Council (ERC) and the Cleveland Society for Human Resource Management, which recognizes the achievement of human resources professionals in Northeast Ohio.
- HR ethics on trial: Whose side are you on? // HR Specialist;Jan2012, Vol. 10 Issue 1, p1
The article informs that human resource professionals cannot claim retaliation if they are punished for helping or supporting employees.
- When You Should Involve HR. // Successful Supervisor;Feb2010, Vol. 15 Issue 1, p2
The article discusses factors that must be considered by supervisors when asking human resource (HR) staff for advice including employee's attendance problem, potential engagement in illegal activities at work and hearing offhand comments on various company policies.
- Your Wonderful, Terrible HR Life. Wiscombe, Janet // Workforce (10928332);Jun2001, Vol. 80 Issue 6, p32
Presents views and comments of human resource (HR) employees on HR management. Misconception about careers in HR; Information on the smartest things done in the course of the HR career; Lessons learned from other employees regarding HR.