New products and services
- New Training Tools. // Training & Development Journal;Apr82, Vol. 36 Issue 4, p103
Features several employee training tools. Safety skills training; Human services and products directory; Supervisory safety training.
- Office potatoes. Sorohan, Erica Gordon // Training & Development;Jul95, Vol. 49 Issue 7, p14
Presents tips for trainers on how to use instructional videos effectively. Need to evoke active participation among trainees; Overcoming of perception of video instruction as a passive cognitive activity.
- In gear. Abernathy // Training & Development;Sep99, Vol. 53 Issue 9, p70
Features several products on training and development as of September 1999. Includes Sharp VN-EZIU Internet ViewCam digital video camera; `The Facilitators Fieldbook' by Tom Justice and David Jamieson; PowerPlugs software for PowerPoint slides effects.
- NEW TRAINING TOOLS. // Training & Development Journal;Aug80, Vol. 34 Issue 8, p83
Features training materials and tools. Inclusion of Industrial Training Group's two-module, five-part audio-visual program; Elpen Enterprise's slide storage system; Sony Video Products Co.'s PVM-8200 color monitors; Roundtable Films Inc.'s production of an animated film titled 'Me! And You.'
- New Training Tools. Allerton, Haidee // Training & Development Journal;Jan1991, Vol. 45 Issue 1, p86
Features several employee training tools. Contents of the book 'Envisioning Information,' by Edward Tufte; Business cards.
- IN GEAR. // T+D;May2001, Vol. 55 Issue 5, p130
Features equipment and supplies related to employee training. 'e-Velocity: The Game of e-Business Strategy' board game; Knowledge Pathways 3.0 software; Virtual VCR.
- In gear special: Presentation power. Abernathy, Donna J. // Training & Development;Feb2000, Vol. 54 Issue 2, p82
Presents new products of use in employee training and development available in the United States as of February 2000. DesignSense for Presentations software from Proximity Learning; Projector from Boxlight; Mind Path's F/X 2000.
- Videotape in Training. Robinson, Joseph A. // Training & Development Journal;Nov68, Vol. 22 Issue 11, p14
Discusses limitations and criteria to help training directors in choosing a training videotape. Limitations of a videotape as training tool; Risk of additional penalties for misapplication; Applications to exploit videotape's strengths; Guidelines for successful application of training videotapes.
- OJT SALES. Harrison, Jared F. // Training & Development Journal;Nov74, Vol. 28 Issue 11, p22
Discusses ways in which sales trainers can make on-the-job (OJT) training a meaningful learning experience for sales trainees. Combination of situations involving better training of sales managers to communicate and follow up on OJT; Provision of an incentive for senior sales personnel to take...