- Remember the sums of 1976? Williams, Audrey // People Management;3/8/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 5, p18
Focuses on the ruling made by the European Court of Justice regarding the rights of part-time employees to occupational pension. Details on the lawsuit filed by an employee of the company Woverhampton Healthcare NHS Trust; Details on British labor laws; Information on equal pay pension claims...
- Part-time pension claims. Edwards, Gareth // Credit Management;Jun2014, p34
The article reports on the decision of the Employment Appeal Tribunal (EAT) to consider the pension claims of the part time workers who are entitled to have service from April 7, 2000 under the Part Time Worker Regulations by citing the reference of Ministry of Defence v O'Brien.
- Arbitration. // Labor Law Journal;Jul64, Vol. 15 Issue 7, p492
The article presents news concerning industrial arbitration in the United States as of July 1964. A company was found by Arbitrator Sidney A. Wolff to have violated the contract when it decided to change its filing system in a department and assigned employees from another department to work on...
- ROUGH INDUSTRIAL RELATIONS WATERS FOR IRISH FERRIES: A CASE STUDY COMPARING U.S. AND IRISH LABOR DISPUTE LAW. Rasnic, Carol Daugherty // Labor Law Journal;Summer2007, Vol. 58 Issue 2, p131
The article presents a labor dispute resolution case study involving Irish ferry workers, job outsourcing and the differences between labor-management law in the United States and Ireland. Secondary union activity, picketing or striking is discussed from the standpoint that it is not allowed in...
- Circuit Court survey. Schaner, Dean J. // Journal of Alternative Dispute Resolution in Employment;Summer2000, Vol. 2 Issue 2, p22
Discusses some cases dealt by arbitrators in the United States. England Cleaning Services Inc. versus American Arbitration Association case; Burns versus New York Life Insurance Co. case; Green versus Ameritech Corp. case.
- Review of Court Decisions. // Arbitration Journal;Jun81, Vol. 36 Issue 2, p46
This article presents court decisions on various labor cases in the U.S. Subjects of the court cases include medical malpractice arbitration agreement, finality of a labor arbitration award, enforceability of a labor award under the state's arbitration statute, alleged waiver of the right to...
- Labor law. // Reporter;Mar90, Vol. 17 Issue 1, p21
Focuses on labor law in the United States, highlighting the Supreme Court's ruling in the case of Price Waterhouse v. Hopkins, 109. Ct. 1775, 49 F.E.P. Cases 954 (1989), involving a Title VII plaintiff who establishes both legitimate and illegitimate motives in a contested employment decision. ...
- Waiver of discrimination claims upheld. Lissy, William E. // Supervision;Nov96, Vol. 57 Issue 11, p17
Presents cases of labor law pertaining to supervisors in the United States. Upholding of the waiver of discrimination claims by the Supreme Court in the case of `Spink versus Lockheed Corp.'; Firing of an employee for lying about hitting a co-employee; Improper suspension of an employee by a...
- Union-free statements in employee handbooks. Lissy, William E. // Supervision;Mar90, Vol. 51 Issue 3, p22
Focuses on labor-related cases of interest to industrial supervisors. Union-free statements in employee handbooks; Reporting of absences to a leadperson instead of a supervisor; Double jeopardy in discipline cases.