Learning from the wisdom of others
- How to Establish a Mentoring Program. // Training & Development Journal;Mar1987, Vol. 41 Issue 3, p25
Presents guidelines for an effective employee mentoring program in an organization. One-on-one training; Organizational impact of mentoring; Job identification; Selection of mentors.
- Mentoring: A group guide. Kaye, Beverly; Jacobson, Betsy // Training & Development;Apr95, Vol. 49 Issue 4, p23
Discusses mentoring as an effective process of training potential employees in an organization. Difficulties confronting formal mentoring systems; Discussion of the five functions of learning leaders; Tasks of learning leader; Learning-group concept of mentoring. INSETS: The right kind of...
- Reality check. Allerton, Haidee // Training & Development;Apr96, Vol. 50 Issue 4, p8
Reports on the importance of on-the-job coaching or mentoring. Percentage of employees who had a coach or mentor.
- Mentoring is more than a trend. Tigges, Laura // Women in Business;May/Jun98, Vol. 50 Issue 3, p24
Emphasizes that it is important for a professional beginning a career to have a mentor. Benefits of having a mentor; How mentors benefit from such relationship.
- FRAMING THE MENTORING RELATIONSHIP AS AN INFORMATION EXCHANGE. Mullen, Ellen J. // Human Resource Management Review;Fall94, Vol. 4 Issue 3, p257
Focuses on the framing of mentoring relationship as an information exchange in training employees. Definition of mentoring relationship; Two-way exchange of information.
- Who Wants to Be a Maintenance Mentor? Dearduff, Jeff // Snack Food & Wholesale Bakery;Dec2007, Vol. 96 Issue 12, p32
The article presents the author's views on mentoring in the business of bakery maintenance.
- Mentors can help make way smoother for new employees. Smith, Gregory P. // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);11/08/99, Vol. 20 Issue 20, p34
Describes the role of a mentor for new employees and the benefits companies may derive from having one. Short-term and long-term types of mentoring; Laying down the parameters for the mentor and the employee; Making decisions in advance; Openness and respect.
- How toï¿½ Become a mentor. Beagrie, Scott // Personnel Today;3/18/2003, p27
Presents various methods of developing mentoring in business. Need to care passionately about the development of other employees; Determination of process to meet expectations; Role of human resource in facilitating mentoring.
- THE COACHING CONTROVERSY...REVISITED. Kondrasuk, Jack // Training & Development Journal;Feb80, Vol. 34 Issue 2, p70
Discusses whether or not coaching is a superior employee training technique. Similarity and difference between knowledge and skill; Characteristics of effective coaching; Importance of constant improvement in the employee training profession.
- The Achilles' heel of coaching. Phillips, Kenneth R. // Training & Development;Mar98, Vol. 52 Issue 3, p41
Discusses a crucial step in the coaching process, that is getting an employee to agree that there is a need for him/her to improve work behavior or performance. Dialogue with employee; Coaching session; Elements of coaching; Employees' responses. INSET: A coaching dialogue..