- IN-SERVICE TRAINING: AN AMERICAN COUNTY GOVERNMENT'S EXPERIENCE. Villanueva, A.B. // Public Personnel Management;Sep/Oct73, Vol. 2 Issue 5, p332
Focuses on in-service training for county government supervisors in Clark County, Nevada. Development of the training program by the county administrator to determine the needs for competent personnel; Availability of training materials; Level of employee participation during the training.
- Behind the Badge. // Munday Courier (TX);2/ 9/2012, Vol. 34 Issue 6, p2
The article reports that Ed Hunt has become the Intoxilyzer operator by attending a particular training and Officer Foley become a Certified Animal Control Officer (ACO) after attending basic and advanced Animal Control Officer training.
- Women in America Shooting for the Stars. Guerra, Stella G. // Vital Speeches of the Day;9/15/86, Vol. 52 Issue 23, p726
Presents the text of a speech delivered by Stella G. Guerra, acting deputy assistant secretary of the Air Force, Civilian Personnel Policy and EEO, to Federal Employed Women 17th National Training Program, Las Vegas, Nevada, from July 23 to 26, 1986 which dealt with the progress made by women in...
- State leaders aim for inexpensive economic development. Schnitzler, Peter // Indianapolis Business Journal;1/26/2004, Vol. 24 Issue 47, p9
Reports on the economic development plans of the elected officials in Indianapolis, Indiana. Facilitation of job training initiative; Improvement of government contracting prospects for Hoosier firms; Focus of the state on tax credits.
- Rising star in GOP recasts job agency. Schnitzler, Peter // Indianapolis Business Journal;8/8/2005, Vol. 26 Issue 22, p1
Reports on the reorganization of the Indiana Department of Workforce Development by Commissioner Ronald Stiver. Promotion of occasional training grants for displaced workers; Enhancement of education and innovation; Restructuring of the state's workforce development.
- MANAGEMENT TRAINING IN IOWA STATE GOVERNMENT. Cavitt, J. Michael // Training & Development Journal;May78, Vol. 32 Issue 5, p46
Focuses on the management training program in the Iowa state government. Planning and coordination of interdepartmental management and supervisory training and development by the Policy Committee on Employment Training and Development; Implementation of the results-oriented...
- Hope confident in training initiative. Jump, Paul // Third Sector;7/16/2008, p4
The article focuses on the British government's training programme for 3,000 public sector commissioners in 2008. Phil Hope, who attended the third sector commissioning programme's first round of training days in London, England on July 14, 2008, says the programme will deliver the intelligent...
- Operating theatres benchmarking paves the way for efficiency savings. // Operating Theatre Journal;Aug2010, Issue 239, p4
The article reports on the significance of benchmarking on a more efficient use of operating theatres in Great Britain. It looks at the benchmarking exercise conducted by the Foundation Trust Network (FTN) in which findings reveal the impact of a more efficient use of operating theatres on...
- Skills initiative puts employers in control. Millar, Michael // Personnel Today;3/29/2005, p1
The article focuses on the attitude of employers towards the employees skill initiative by the British government. The Skills White Paper, launched by chancellor Gordon Brown at 11 Downing Street, aims to fill the British skills gap with a series of employer-led programmes which target the...