- Human Resources at Baxter Healthcare Corporation Merger: A Strategic Partner Role. Ulrich, Dave; Cody, Tom; LaFasto, Frank; Rucci, Tonu // Human Resource Planning;1989, Vol. 12 Issue 2, p87
Human resource (HR) professionals face increasing demands to add value to business performance. To be strategic business partners is not merely a concept and ideal, but a set of specific, concrete behaviors and activities. In this article we report a specific case where HR professionals added...
- OPTIMIZING PRODUCT TRANSFERS AND START-UP: UTILIZING THE 4M DATA SYSTEM, WORK PLACE LAYOUT AND VIDEO TAPING. Williams Jr., Charles D. // Industrial Management;Nov/Dec78, Vol. 20 Issue 6, p6
Focuses on manufacturing companies' optimization of product transfers and start ups. Background on Baxter Travenol Laboratories Inc.; Development of operators instruction sheets.
- Tractor workers vote to fight against closure. // Professional Engineering;9/4/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 16, p7
Reports the planned strike action of the workers at the Massey Ferguson tractor plant in Coventry, England. Closure of the factory; Rejection of the proposed redundancy package; Need for industrial action.
- INTRODUCTION TO 4M DATA SYSTEM AND ITS APPLICATION AT BAXTER TRAVENOL LABORATORIES, INC. William Jr., Charles D. // Industrial Management;Jan/Feb80, Vol. 22 Issue 1, p6
Focuses on the application of 4M data system, a computer-aided system applying basic MTM-1 motions and time values at Baxter Travenol Laboratories Inc. Use of special notation aggregates in the system; Measurement of time content; Analysis of motion increments.
- â€¦in brief. // Personnel Today;3/11/2003, p3
Presents several developments related to personnel management in Great Britain as of March 11, 2003. Rejection of pay offer by the Fire Brigades' Union; Decision of train crews for strike action to defend the role of operational safety guards; Suspension of industrial action plan by the...
- Local government strike imminent. // Personnel Today;7/9/2002, p2
Examines the actions made by the local government human resources body of Socpo on the votation of strike actions over the annual pay rise dispute. Increase of the minimum wage in the sector; Availability of the resources of the company.
- Defensive strike management. // Management Review;Jul83, Vol. 72 Issue 7, p6
Reports on the importance for top management to develop a defensive strategy in response to a strike and the formation of a strike management team. Need for data on the demographics of potential strikers; Delegation of responsibilities to each team; Typical titles and duties of a strike...
- INTERNATIONAL NEWS. // People Management;2/11/2010, p8
This section offers news briefs on human resource management developments around the world including the strikes of German public sector unions in Germany have over the failure of negotiations for a 5 percent salary increase and the controversy in the U.S. over the use of pre-bailout contracts...
- Sit-in aims to save wind turbine factory. // Professional Engineering;7/29/2009, Vol. 22 Issue 13, p5
The article reports on the status of the workers who staged a sit-in to save the Vestas Wind Systems A/S wind turbine factory from closure in the Isle of Wight, England. When the climate-change activists attempted to pass food to the employees inside the factory, three workers were arrested...