People and posts
- SHRM Appoints New VP for HR. // HR Magazine;Jul2003, Vol. 48 Issue 7, p115
Reports on the appointment of J. Robert Carr as vice-president for human resources and strategic planning at the Society for Human Resource Management. Qualifications of Carr; Career background; Educational background.
- No Experience Necessary? Bates, Steve // HR Magazine;Nov2001, Vol. 46 Issue 11, p34
Investigates the implications of the appointment of executives who have no human resources (HR) knowledge to head HR departments in the United States. Reasons for the decision to appoint people without HR background; Attitude of corporate officers toward HR management.
- People and posts. // People Management;03/06/97, Vol. 3 Issue 5, p11
Presents information on executives appointed in human resource positions in Britain. Names and positions of executives; Their former jobs.
- PEOPLE & POSTS. // People Management;1/23/2003, Vol. 9 Issue 2, p9
Presents news on appointment of human resources executives in Great Britain as of January 2003. Alison Hodgson at Sodexho; Sean McIlveen at Ford Motor Company; Mary Rance at CBI.
- Top guns. Kelly, James; Gennard, John // People Management;5/30/2002, Vol. 8 Issue 11, p24
Focuses on the results of a study on the factors that lead to the progress of professionals to the position of human resource (HR) directors. Skill categories expected from HR directors; Competencies of an effective HR director; Reasons given by chief executives for the selection of HR...
- New Role for the Personnel Man. Mikalachki, A. // Management Review;Aug66, Vol. 55 Issue 8, p29
Examines the role of the personnel executive. Relationship between goal-setting and organizational structure, and the personnel executive's policy-making function; Role in employee selection and compensation; Questions that top management can present to their personnel executives.
- ACCOUNTABILITY OF ANY PERSONNEL MANAGER. Murthy, Narasihma // International Journals of Marketing & Technology;Feb2013, Vol. 3 Issue 2, p30
The article focuses on the role and responsibilities of human resource (HR) managers, Noted functions of HR managers include leadership, administration, motivation and skill development of employees. Suggestions are also offered for HR Managers such as open-mindedness, proper employee selection...
- Quality Check. Winkler, Connie // HR Magazine;May2007, Vol. 52 Issue 5, p93
The article states that quality of hire is the new mantra for staffing and recruitment. The attention to quality of hire also is being fueled by the impending increase of retiring baby boomers. Some ways to help improve quality of hire is presented. Human resource can point only to old...
- Don't screen out the people you need the most. Bourque, Ron // New Hampshire Business Review;7/13/2012, Vol. 34 Issue 14, p19
The article offers the author's insights on the question on would human resource (HR) managers support a policy or decision which they disagree in employee screening. The author mentions it is relatively easy to hire people who will do whatever they told to do and it is difficult to find people...