Health and safety
- H&S strategy must be supported by training. Bean, Sara // Occupational Health;Jun2004, Vol. 56 Issue 6, p10
Deals with the importance of better terms and conditions for occupational health nurses (OHN) to support the strategy on workplace health and safety of the British government according to British Health Minister Shona Robison. Increase in the death rate from heart and cancer diseases; Role of...
- O'Connor joins MNA's Division of Health and Safety. O¿Connor, Peggy // Massachusetts Nurse Advocate;Apr2011, Vol. 82 Issue 3, p18
No abstract available.
- Workplace health and safety positions-the key difference. // Queensland Nurse;Dec2008, Vol. 27 Issue 6, p19
The article discusses the distinction between a Workplace Health and Safety Officer and Representative in Queensland. The officer is appointed by the employer to advise on workplace health and safety issues, while the representative is chosen by the employees to represent them on the issues....
- Keeping workers safe and healthy. Barclay, Ingrid // Kai Tiaki Nursing New Zealand;Jun2014, Vol. 20 Issue 5, p2
No abstract available.
- Health and Safety Risk at a Skilled Nursing Facility. Sofie, Jennifer; Belza, Basia; Young, Heather // Journal of Gerontological Nursing;Feb2003, Vol. 29 Issue 2, p13
Little is known about the perceptions nursing assistants certified (NAC) have related to their occupational health and safety risks and how these perceptions influence the safety precautions taken. The purpose of this study was to describe the perceptions of the occupational health and safety...
- CALENDAR. // Occupational Health;Feb2005 Supplement, Vol. 57, p25
Provides an update on events and conferences on occupational health as of February 2005. Association of National Health Occupational Health Nurses; Royal Society of Medicine; Scottish Group of the Society of Occupational Medicine.
- Diary of events. // Occupational Health;Mar2006, Vol. 58 Issue 3, p34
The article presents the schedule of conferences related to occupational health and safety in Great Britain from March to April 2006. The Staff Rehabilitation and Managing Sickness Absence conference will be held on March 9 in Stoke-on-Trent, England. The Association of NHS Occupational Health...
- Creating a Safer Workplace for Nurses. Wood, Debra // NurseZone Newsletter;1/20/2012, p1
The article discusses a study from the American Nurses Association (ANA) about opportunities for creating safer work environment for nurses in the U.S. According to the 2011 Health and Safety Survey of ANA, 13% of surveyed registered nurses (RNs) indicated they suffered injuries three or more...
- Working together for RN health and safety. // American Nurse;Jan/Feb2004, Vol. 36 Issue 1, p16
Reports on the AFL-CIO biannual health and safety conference attended by nurses and staff in December 2003. Occupational hazards faced by nurses; Provisions of the Needlestick Safety and Prevention Act; Health care issues; Workplace violence; Ergonomics; Indoor-air quality; Disaster preparedness.