Relaxation of personnel CCT rules welcomed
- Improving MBO Through Synergistics. Hopkins, David M. // Public Personnel Management;May/Jun79, Vol. 8 Issue 3, p163
Reports the improvement of management-by-objectives (MBO) through synergistic. Emphasis on the specific and measurable standards of MBO; Adoption of human approach on management; Impact of the synergistic approach to personnel management.
- HR qualification for councils. Nelson, Paul // Personnel Today;3/26/2002, p3
Reports the development of the qualifications for human resources practitioner of local governments in Great Britain. Availability of the career progression programme; Consideration of the political environment and private and public partnerships; Inclusion of Civil Service in the qualifications.
- President outlines creative agenda. // Personnel Today;3/26/2002, p3
Examines the agenda-setting organization of the human resources professionals in local government in Great Britain. Plan to create an infuential voice for local government; Differences of the management; Emphasis of the regulations and procedures.
- HR key to council's speedy turnaround. // Personnel Today;4/8/2003, p8
Reports on the role of a local government personnel management department in transforming Doncaster Council's human resource management strategy in England. Expenses fraud; Improvement in services; Increase in employment.
- Image problem stifles sector. Nelson, Paul // Personnel Today;3/19/2002, p3
Reports the number of private sector employees consider working in the local government. Percentage of private sector employees consider working in local government; Criticism of private sector staff of the public sector recruitment process; Need for local government to change to deliver the...
- Socpo launches development plan. Higginbottom, Karen // People Management;3/6/2003, Vol. 9 Issue 5, p13
Reports on the development program that will be offered by the Society of Personnel Officers in Local Government to help senior human resource directors in Great Britain. Objectives of the program; Reason of the society for wanting to forge closer links with its partner institutes. INSET: The...
- Putting the human back into human resources. Quinn, Susan // Public Management (00333611);Sep98, Vol. 80 Issue 9, p23
Presents several management strategies for the local government and human resource professionals. Key components of human resource management; Organizational risks of human resource management; Roles of human resource professionals in an organization.
- HR is key in performance assessment. Higginbottom, Karen // People Management;3/21/2002, Vol. 8 Issue 6, p11
Reports on the challenge facing human resource (HR) management in local government regarding the performance assessment of local authorities in Great Britain. Role of HR in influencing the assessment of councils by the government; Report to which the measures to rate the performance of councils...
- Improving Management Practices Through Leadership Training. Butler, Donald C. // Public Personnel Management;Mar/Apr79, Vol. 8 Issue 2, p134
Focuses on the improvement of management practices through leadership training in the U.S. Increase in the public service functions and services of the city government; Stimulation of community growth and development; Adoption of a team management approach to government operations.