ICI case sparks call for statutory adoptive leave
- Adoption. Martin, David M. // A to Z of Employment Practice;2004, p35
The article offers information on the right to adoption leave and adoption pay afforded to employees in Great Britain who adopt a child. The ordinary adoption leave is the first 26 weeks leave while additional adoption leave is a second period of 26 weeks leave. The main parent is entitled to...
- BABY LOVE. // Working Mother;Oct2008, Vol. 31 Issue 7, p64
The article reports that firms included in the periodical's 2008 100 Best Companies in the U.S. are offering programs for adoptive parents. These companies know that adoptive parents often need help covering costs. 93 companies offer adoption assistance to about $4,600 per parent. 81 firms offer...
- Most oem approvals of `Emkarate' lube. // Air Conditioning Heating & Refrigeration News;5/27/96, Vol. 198 Issue 4, p17
Reports on the popularity of ICI's Emkarate RL refrigeration lubricants among original equipment manufacturer.
- Polycell's `tick' ads seek to reclaim DIY roots for brand. // Campaign (UK);04/10/98, Issue 15, p6
States that Polycell is seeking to reclaim its position in the DIY market with television advertising, to promote its well-known `tick' logo. Value of the company's account; What the commercials will depict; Comments Gerry Moira, the Publicis executive creative director.
- Bill in euros or miss out, ICI tells suppliers. // Professional Engineering;02/11/98, Vol. 11 Issue 3, p7
Reports that ICI told suppliers to price goods in euros or risk losing their share of contracts annually. Value of the contract; Deadline given to suppliers; Views of ICI; Comments from Walter Hasselkus, chief executive of Rover Group.
- ...So does ICI. // Chemical Week;4/9/1997, Vol. 159 Issue 14, p40
Focuses on the agreement of Imperial Chemical Industries (ICI) to outsource its information technology (IT) and telecommunications services in Europe to IBM.
- ...brings in new management team. // Chemical Week;7/23/1997, Vol. 159 Issue 28, p6
Focuses on the executive management team formed by ICI company following its acquisition of Unilever company's specialty chemical business. How the management team is headed by Chief Executive Officer Charles Smith; Other executives comprising the team.
- ICI considers changes in the U.S. Scott, Alex // Chemical Week;7/30/1997, Vol. 159 Issue 29, p16
Provides information on the corporate strategy of ICI. Possible result of ICI's acquisition from Unilever and divestitures in bulk chemicals; Appointment of a United States-based main board member; Pretax profit of ICI in the first-half of 1997.
- TEACHER'S CONTRACT -- ADVISORY ARBITRATION -- SABBATICAL LEAVE -- AWARD UNENFORCEABLE. // Arbitration Journal;Sep1971, Vol. 26 Issue 3, p180
The article provides information on a decision made by New York State Appellate Court in a case related to teachers' contract. Where arbitration agreement between school board and teachers association provided that "the decision of the Arbitrator shall be advisory on the parties," award giving...