- Tri-C effort training workers for mfg. jobs. Prizinsky, David // Crain's Cleveland Business;5/19/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 20, p2
Cuyahoga Community College in Cleveland, Ohio graduated its first class of students from federally financed pilot program designed to train unemployed workers in new manufacturing careers. The training is called the Integrated Systems Technology program, and it prepares people in the maintenance...
- A STUDY OF THE NEEDS OF ADULTS FOR FURTHER TRAINING. Trabue, M. R.; Dvorak, Beatrice J. // Journal of Applied Psychology;Dec34, Vol. 18 Issue 6, p826
The article discusses the work of the Employment Stabilization Research Institute of the University of Minnesota with regards to adult education. The three objectives of the Individual Diagnosis and Training group of the institute are to test for methods of diagnosing the vocational aptitudes of...
- Las Vegas Training Organizations. // Las Vegas Business Press;08/16/99, Vol. 16 Issue 32, p24
Ranks training organizations in Las Vegas, Nevada, based on total 1998 enrollment. Includes Community College of Southern Nevada; University of Nevada, Las Vegas; The Learning Center; Executrain of Las Vegas.
- GCSE overhaul. // Printing World;1/27/2003, Vol. 281 Issue 4, p3
Reports on the trial of the vocational Printing GCSE at Leeds College of Technology in England.
- Train-the-Trainer Degrees, Certificates, Workshops, and Courses. // Practical Library Trainer;2004, p81
A list of universities and training organizations in the U.S. that offer train-the-trainer degrees, certificates, workshops and courses is presented.
- The changing face of vocational training. Cornell, Halley // Business Journal Serving Fresno & the Central San Joaquin Valley;01/11/2002, Issue 322876, p10
Focuses on the changing vocational training at Fresno City College in California. Interaction of the City College with local business needs; benefits of computers to vocational students; Effects of the changing demand for increased productivity and efficiency on vocational training.
- Role Strain: An Assessment of a Measure and Its Invariance of Factor Structure Across Studies. MacKinnon, Neil J. // Journal of Applied Psychology;Jun78, Vol. 63 Issue 3, p321
Despite a growing literature on the antecedents and consequences of role strain in organizational milieus, there have been few independent attempts at measuring this construct or factor-analytic studies of measures constructed. In an attempt to explicate the theoretical construct of role strain,...
- London enterprise scheme launches skills matching service. Marshall, Michael // Education (14637073);1/20/2006, Issue 206, p6
The article reports on the launch of the Campus & University Talent Industry Training by West Focus, a government-funded consortium created to address skills shortage in London, England. Sponsors of the scheme are mentioned. Details of the program is provided.
- TRAINING. // Graphic Arts Industry News Digest;Aug2012, Vol. 3 Issue 2, p22
The article offers updates related to training such as the announcement of EFI regarding certification training program for Fiery digital print servers, software, and tools, and the announcement of Sessions College on Design Business introduced into its certificate program curricula.