Pay and benefits
- Pay and benfits. // People Management;5/29/1997, Vol. 3 Issue 11, p10
Presents news concerning pays and benefits. Setting up of the national minimum wage; Information on the `X plus Y' system in paying nurses; Increase in the starting pay of trainee managers of McDonald's company.
- Navajo pay in 1965 - less than $50 a week. DONOVAN, BILL // Navajo Times;2/19/2015, Vol. 54 Issue 7, pA-6
The article reports on the minimum wage being paid to the employees every week in Navajo Nation and Indian Country in 1965.
- Is 'living' wage law good for Westchester? Glenn, David J. // Westchester County Business Journal;6/3/2002, Vol. 41 Issue 22, p4
Focuses on the proposed living wage law in Westchester, New York. Comparison with the national rate and minimum wage rate; Discussion on the employee benefits standards; Assistance given to minimum-wage workers.
- Pay and Benefits. // People Management;01/28/99, Vol. 5 Issue 2, p19
Presents information on pay and benefits of employees in Great Britain. Information on the accusation made against former members of the International Olympic Committee; Amount of compensation to be given to dismissed employees of the Government Communications Headquarters surveillance center;...
- INDICATOR. // People Management;4/17/2008, Vol. 14 Issue 8, p61
This section presents employment statistics for Great Britain, including average wage, minimum wage and average fringe benefits paid to employees.
- Pay and Benefits. // People Management;08/13/98, Vol. 4 Issue 16, p15
Presents news briefs on employees' compensation in the United Kingdom as of August 1999. Update on minimum wage; Information on equal value cases; Opposition to clawback, where occupational pension schemes are integrated with the pension.
- 'Living' wage measure draws business fire. // Westchester County Business Journal;6/3/2002, Vol. 41 Issue 22, p1
Discusses the standards of living wage set by the officials of Westchester County, New York . Discussion on employee benefits and employment rate; Minimum wage set in the state; Business conditions and estimated public expenditure for fiscal 2002-2003.
- LEGISLATIVE Scorecard. // Legal-Legislative Reporter;Mar2007, Vol. 41 Issue 3, p14
The article lists proposed U.S. legislation related to the employee benefits industry including the Fair Minimum Wage Act of 2007, the Health Care Incentive Act, and the Working Americans Growing the Economy (WAGE) Act of 2007.
- The Minimum Wage Can Harm Workers by Reducing Unemployment. LEE, DWIGHT R. // Journal of Labor Research;Fall2004, Vol. 25 Issue 4, p657
Economists may disagree over how much raising the minimum wage increases unemployment, though few argue that the unemployment effect is zero. According to the standard model, the less the unemployment caused by a minimum wage increase, the less the harm (or greater the good) that results. But by...