- A NEW WAY OF GOING UP TO BED. // Caterer & Hotelkeeper;9/24/2010, Vol. 200 Issue 4646, p44
The article reports on Liftbed, which is a new piece of space-saving technology from Germany, designed to transform a meeting room or other space into a fully functional bedroom, where space wouldn't normally allow.
- System aims to bridge mattress return problems. Thomas, Larry // Furniture/Today;11/19/2001, Vol. 26 Issue 11, p27
Comments on the mattress return problems in the United States. Development of the Bedbridge, a metal support system to answer the problem; Replacement of wood slats with heavy-duty steel support beams; Efforts in convincing retailers to sell the support system.
- 3 fads that stuck. Mest, C. Elliott // Hotel Management (21582122);Jul2015, Vol. 230 Issue 9, p35
The article reports on three innovations that popped up in hotels and becoming hotel mainstays including electronic locks, high-end beds and guestroom television.
- Day shift. Shalan, Judy // Cabinet Maker;10/30/98, Issue 5112, p14
Focuses on the increasing popularity of specialist bed in Great Britain. Growth of the market for adjustable beds; Innovative features of electric adjustable beds; Factors contributing to the attractiveness of the product for consumers; Price range of the specialist bed.
- Sex lives & hard drives. // Cabinet Maker;6/6/2008, Issue 5590, p7
The article presents a survey on the use of beds in Great Britain. A survey commissioned by The Sleep Council reveals that the British bed is in danger of becoming more of a communication hub than a place to sleep. Eight out of ten people boot up a variety of high technology gadgets in the...
- EASYBED. // Inventors' Digest;Jul2008, Vol. 24 Issue 6, p14
The article focuses on the Selfy the EasyBed prototype unveiled by Italian engineer Enrico Berruti at the 36th Annual International Exhibition of Inventions in Geneva, Switzerland in April 2008. The bed features a mechanism with tubes on either side of the bed that pull the blanket back in...
- Bedding sources put spotlight on better sleep. Perry, David // Furniture/Today;2/4/2008, Vol. 32 Issue 22, p16
The article presents various product lines of bedding producers at a market in Las Vegas, Nevada that focuses on better sleep. Sealy showed its revamped Posturepedic innerspring line that eliminates tossing and turning during sleep caused by pressure points. The new Beautyrest NxG Series and...
- Technology Marks Basics Intros. Sanfilippo, Michele // Home Textiles Today;11/1/2004, Vol. 26 Issue 10, p2
Reports on the strategy of Leggett & Platt Inc. in roll-out new technology with Vitalize KoolRest and a Revitalize antimicrobial and antiibacterial aroma therapy line of beddings in the U.S. Product specification; Availability of the beddings; Changes in the company's product innovation and...
- NEW WRINKLES. Lawrence, Star // Health Facilities Management;May2004, Vol. 17 Issue 5, p22
Provides information product innovations made by bed manufacturers in the U.S. Customized weight-bearing beds from Hill-Rom and Stryker; Enclosed pediatric beds from Vail Beds; Beds equipped with a Local Positioning Module from Hill-Rom.