MBO mooted for Christie-Tyler
- Hillsdown might sell Christie Tyler and Walker & Homer. Kidd, Andrew // Cabinet Maker;03/13/98, Issue 5079, p5
Reports on the possibility that Hillsdown Holdings may put upholstery companies Christie Tyler and Walker & Home for sale as part of a disposal review. Increase in the combined profits of the two companies in 1997; Current furniture trading of Hillsdown as satisfactory.
- Autumn date likely for C-T and Walker & Homer sale. Kidd, Andrew // Cabinet Maker;07/10/98, Issue 5096, p6
Reports on the completion of the sale of Christie-Tyler and Walker & Homer by September 1998. Combined operating profit of the stores in 1997; Remarks from Michael Teacher, chief executive of parent company Hillsdown Holdings.
- Is the price right? Westphal, Linda // Cabinet Maker;12/04/98, Issue 5117, p1
Opinion. Discusses the issues concerning the fate of British furniture firms Christie-Tyler and Walker & Homer. Remarks of Michael Teacher, chief executive of firms' owner Hillsdown Holdings; Issue of money.
- Cauval exit clears way for Payne bid as MacKenzie prepares to retire. Kidd, Andrew // Cabinet Maker;12/04/98, Issue 5117, p2
Focuses on the decision of French group Cauval to end its attempt to acquire British furniture firms, Christie-Tyler and Walker & Homer, from Hillsdown Holdings. Preferred bid headed by John Payne who has resigned as Hillsdown chief executive; Deadline imposed for any sale; Cauval's search for...
- No trade sale for C-T and Walker & Homer. // Cabinet Maker;09/11/98, Issue 5105, p2
Reports on the sale of Great Britain-based upholstery companies Christie-Tyler and Walker & Homer by their parent company Hillsdown Holdings. Possible overseas buyers for the companies.
- Management buy Kennedy. // Cabinet Maker;5/13/2005, Issue 5438, p5
Reports on the move of Christie-Tyler Group to sell its subsidiary, REH Kennedy, to its management in Great Britain. Complexity of the negotiations between the two entities due to various legal reasons involved in the deal; Decision of the management to stay in the business; Plan of the...
- French firm renews C-T interest. // Cabinet Maker;11/06/98, Issue 5113, p2
Reports on Cauval's renewed interest to acquire Hillsdown Holdings PLC's owned furniture companies Christie-Tyler and Walker and Homer. Christie-Tyler and Walker and Homer parent company Hillsdown Holdings' rejection of Cauval's initial offer; Cauval's reluctance to increase its cash offer.
- Top man. Kidd, Andrew // Cabinet Maker;03/12/99, Issue 5129, p20
Reports on Hillsdown Holdings PLC's growth plans for its Christie-Tyler and Walker & Homer furniture units. Move of the company toward specialist furniture stores in Great Britain; Comments from Michael Teacher, Hillsdown's chief executive; Export plans; Teacher's vision for the company's...
- Hillsdown rejects Cauval's cash bid for C-T and Walker & Homer. Kidd, Andrew // Cabinet Maker;10/16/98, Issue 5110, p2
Reports on the break down of talks between Cauval and Hillsdown over the sale of the latter's Christie-Tyler and Walker & Homer businesses on October 9, 1998. Cash bid offered by Cauval for the businesses; Speculations concerning the other bidders for the holdings; Background on Cauval's business.