Furniture riches drop
- THE LUXURY MARKET beautiful, wonderful, competitive. Printz, Carrie // Furniture/Today;10/2/2006 Supplement, Vol. 31, p18
The article focuses on the tough competition in the high-end furniture market in the U.S. According to industry leaders, convincing the wealthy people to buy high-end furnishings and home accents is not a simple task and requires a lot of effort to do so. Complicating factors such as the influx...
- GOOD WEEK. // Cabinet Maker;5/12/2006, Issue 5487, p35
The article reports that Princess Michael of Kent has launched her furniture collection aimed at rich Russian customers in Great Britain. The collection of sofas and armchairs incorporates damask, leather and chintz-style coverings. The furniture was produced by the company owned by Russian...
- Wanek makes Forbes 400 richest people list. Engel, Clint // Furniture/Today;10/20/2008, Vol. 33 Issue 8, p138
The article reports that Ashley Furniture HomeStores chairman Ron Wanek was included in the Forbes 400 ranking of the richest people in the U.S. with an estimated net worth of $1.5 billion. Ashley Furniture HomeStores was ranked No. 321 on the Forbes list, which had a cutoff of $1.3 billion in 2008.
- Furniture fortunes. // Cabinet Maker;4/15/2005, Issue 5434, p35
Cites the richest people in the furniture industry in the Great Britain. Charles Wade, owner of Wade Group; Doug Gregory; proprietor of Symphony; Mohamed al-Fayed, founder of Harrrods.
- Reticent billionaire. Thomson, James // BRW;5/19/2005, Vol. 27 Issue 19, p46
Profiles Queensland-based billionaire John Van Lieshout. Interests in the furniture retailing and real property businesses; Growth of Van Lieshout's store chain Super A-Mart; Personal background.
- Indian HNI Population on the Rise. // Money Today;Nov2011, p3
The article reports on the growth of the number of high net worth individuals in India by 20.8% to 1.53,000 in 2010 compared with 1.26,700 in 2009, according to the 2011 Asia-Pacific Wealth Report by Merrill Lynch Global Wealth Management and Capgemini.
- Here's a news flash: Texas is rich and getting richer. Corbin, David // Fort Worth Business Press;9/27/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 39, p26
Focuses on the number of rich people living in Texas. Counties where the rich usually reside; Sources of economic funds for the state; Other states competing against Texas in terms of the number of rich residents.
- Discos and diplomas lure China's elite. Platt, Kevin // Christian Science Monitor;10/19/99, Vol. 91 Issue 226, p1
Focuses on the activities of privileged Communist aristocrats, or taizidang, who live and educate themselves in the United States.
- Where have all the rich people gone? Korten, Tristram // New York;10/13/97, Vol. 30 Issue 39, p28
Mentions the New York City (NYC) residents that made the `Forbes' magazine list of the 400 richest people. The number that live in NYC and where.