Learning how to look on the right side of life
- Leaders as learners. Sass, Stephen E. // Executive Excellence;May98, Vol. 15 Issue 5, p17
Discusses the importance for leaders to provide access to essential knowledge and create an environment that encourages lifelong learning. Elements which are essential for a good employee training program; Bias toward a curriculum of active learning; How leaders can demonstrate their commitment...
- Trainers as Leaders. Herman, Roger E. // Training & Development Journal;Jan1987, Vol. 41 Issue 1, p6
Discusses the leadership role of trainers. Characteristics of effective trainers; Tips on how trainers can be effective in their organizations.
- Leadership is king. Emrich // Grand Rapids Business Journal;11/15/99, Vol. 17 Issue 46, p3
Focuses on the investments made by businesses in employee leadership training. Growth in the demand of companies for technology training; Shortage of potential leaders; Benefits of being a learning organization; Options for learning; Training for internal and external sales people; Anticipated...
- 'WINNING THROUGH ALLEVIATION' Leifer, Melissa // Training & Development Journal;Sep79, Vol. 33 Issue 9, p30
Discusses the lecture style of females in the leadership roles which yield different reactions from the trainees. Identification of common mistakes made by females in the trainer roles; Importance of humor in classroom lecture style; Guidelines in attaining success in leadership roles.
- Leaders as Actors. South, Ron // Training & Development Journal;Jun84, Vol. 38 Issue 6, p6
Identifies reasons why employee training and development professionals do not have greater interest in leadership. Conflict of ideas on the use of training materials; Emphasis of leadership training.
- Leadership: Seven behaviors for `muddling through'. Houghton, James R. // Executive Speeches;Aug/Sep96, Vol. 11 Issue 1, p1
Presents a speech by James R. Houghton, retired chairman of Corning Inc., which deals with leadership. Seven behaviors for `muddling through'; Differences between workers in the Industrial Age and those in the Information Age; Training of talented employees in the United States; Establishment...
- Leadership Through Followership. Litzinger, William; Schaefer, Thomas // Business Horizons;Sep/Oct82, Vol. 25 Issue 5, p78
Investigates the influence of leaders on the development of leadership skills of followers. Importance of youth training in the development of leadership; Characteristics of a leader; Functions of a leader.
- HR Doesn't Rate Board Leadership Skills. // Database & Network Journal;Aug2003, Vol. 33 Issue 4, p22
Presents the results of a survey on leadership skills training of board members of human resource department. Percentage of respondents who were confident in their own ability to be a human resource strategic business partner.
- The Buck Stops Here! Ketter, Paula // T+D;May2012, Vol. 66 Issue 5, p10
An introduction is presented for this issue which contains articles with a focus on globalization, leadership in management, workplace learning, and employee training.