Getting equipped to start surfing the Net
- Following nationwide trend, more local software outfits offer web-based option. Soder, Chuck // Crain's Cleveland Business;7/14/2008, Vol. 29 Issue 28, p11
The article reports on new trends in software services offered by software companies in Ohio. It mentions that software companies in the region are having customers access software via the Internet and paying for it on a subscription basis. It states that the new trend has gained popularity...
- Watchfire WebXM. Ovesny, Ivan // DM Review;Jun2003, Vol. 13 Issue 6, p78
Reviews the computer software Watchfire WebXM 2.0 from Watchfire Corporation.
- Integration with Web Services. Vinoski, Steve // IEEE Internet Computing;Nov/Dec2003, Vol. 7 Issue 6, p75
Discusses the use of middleware in Web services. Features of middleware systems; Details on Web services integration framework; Factors to consider regarding middleware switching.
- Cytoprophet: a Cytoscape plug-in for protein and domain interaction networks inference. Faruck Morcos; Charles Lamanna; Marcin Sikora; Jesús Izaguirre // Bioinformatics;Oct2008, Vol. 24 Issue 19, p2265
Summary: Cytoprophet is a software tool that allows prediction and visualization of protein and domain interaction networks. It is implemented as a plug-in of Cytoscape, an open source software framework for analysis and visualization of molecular networks. Cytoprophet implements three...
- Software tests may be automated, but the human element is crucial. Langley, Nick // Computer Weekly;11/22/2005, p54
The article reports that importance of testing software for bugs before deploying it has been highlighted by the very public failure of some government IT projects, and loading and security problems with certain online banking systems. Mercury Interactive, one of the leading test suite...
- Flip-flopping columns ... Rapoza, Jim // eWeek;6/27/2005, Vol. 22 Issue 26, p53
The article presents the author's views on the computer software industry. Many companies have IT management that dogmatically stick to the same products from the same vendor, refusing to consider alternatives even when the current solutions are sorely lacking and competitors are gaining...
- Technology: Industry Update. // MarketWatch: Global Round-up;Nov2006, Vol. 5 Issue 11, p170
The article reports global developments related to computer industry. Carphone Warehouse has acquired AOL LLC's Internet access business in Great Britain. Google Inc. has engaged in talks with Apple Computer Inc. regarding the use of video contents for Apple's iTV set-top box. Tesco PLC is...
- Selecting a Product or Services Using the Request for Proposal Process. Metrick, Gloria // Scientific Computing & Instrumentation;Nov2002, Vol. 19 Issue 12, pL-8
Discusses ways of selecting computer software products and services using the request for proposal process (RFP). Questions and issues to consider in defining one's needs; Tips for the creation of vendors' list of both software and services; Advantages of issuing RFP; Steps in writing the RFP.
- Web services. Sullivan, Tom // InfoWorld;03/12/2001, Vol. 23 Issue 11, p38
Discusses the growth of Web service providers in the United States. Information on Web services software; Standards and protocols; Forecast for Web services.