Lessons from life
- Hyundai importer in U.K. bought out. // Automotive News;8/2/1993, Vol. 67 Issue 5511, p39
Reports on Lex Service PLC's re-entry in Great Britain's car import business by acquiring 50.1 percent controlling interest in Hyundai Car. History of Hyundai's importations.
- Lex Service Drags $75M `Drive-By' Deal. Roper, Akil Salim // Private Placement Letter;11/01/99, Vol. 17 Issue 43, p2
Provides information on the luxury deal launched by Great Britain-based Lex Service PLC. Agent of the deal; Structure of the deal; Information on Lex Service.
- GETTING READY for the BIG JUMP. CRANDELL, STU // Chief Learning Officer;Jul2013, Vol. 12 Issue 7, p34
The article presents guidelines on how learning leaders can transition high-potential talent to pivotal positions and develop their leadership skills. Organizations should properly identify high-potential talent to support critical leadership roles. Providing challenge- and action-based learning...
- Professional Development THAT WORKS. Bibbo, Tamatha; D'Erizans, Roberto // Principal Leadership;Mar2014, Vol. 14 Issue 7, p28
The article focuses on the importance of professional development. Topics discussed include effective professional development defined by the National Staff Development Council (NSDC), the specific-content knowledge of professional development, and the active or inquiry-oriented learning...
- APPLIED PROJECT LEARNING OUTCOMES: A COMPARISON BETWEEN MALE AND FEMALE STUDENTS. Green, Robert D.; Farazmand, Farideh A. // Allied Academies International Conference: Proceedings of the Ac;Apr2011, Vol. 16 Issue 1, p31
A teaching pedagogy to improve learning (knowledge and skills development) is applied projects, or active learning. This study examines the comparison between male and female students' project learning outcomes. Particular differences for their learning outcomes were identified that could...
- 'Backward' thinking seen as key to future. O'Malley, Chris // Indianapolis Business Journal;11/21/2005, Vol. 26 Issue 37, p19
Reports on the promotion of experiential history as one of seven key careers at the University of Indianapolis' Institute for Emerging Careers in Indiana. Transfer of college students beyond book knowledge and lectures into a setting in which they experience history; Opportunity of the students...
- Learning within Communities of Scholars: Academic Career as an Educational Process. Ismail, Ismi Arif; Wahat, Nor Wahiza Abdul; Omar, Zoharah; Krauss, Steven Eric; Abiddin, Norhasni Zainal // International Journal of Learning;2009, Vol. 15 Issue 11, p185
This paper is based on a study of the lived experiences of academics moving in different stages of their careers. It explores the career experiences of new and senior academics moving on in academia via juggling their various tasks in academic work practice. The study documented and analysed the...
- STUDENT ACTRESSES AND THEIR ARTISTRY: VICISSITUDES OF LEARNING A CREATIVE TRADE. Manning, Peter K.; Hearn, H. L. // Social Forces;Dec69, Vol. 48 Issue 2, p202
The vicissitudes of learning a "creative acting trade," are discussed as an example of occupational socialization. Data are drawn from participant observation and interviewing in the drama program of a small, private girls' school. In this organizational setting with the dual institutional...
- Lex acquires stake in French dealer group. // Automotive News;12/26/1994, Vol. 69 Issue 5584, p31
Reports on the acquisition of a 26.7 percent equity stake in PGA Motors SA by Lex Services PLC.