Building a society with special skills
- Housing accountant. Clark, Andrew // Financial Management;Apr2008, p63
The article explains the qualities needed to be a development finance manager at a housing association in Great Britain. The role to become a development finance manager requires direct involvement in updating the group business plan and monitoring the business performance against the targets....
- Value of Membership. // Cost Engineering;Aug2003, Vol. 45 Issue 8, p4
Discusses the value of membership in associations and societies. Comparison between operating a business with and without association benefits; Enhancing professional growth; Career development and training; Access to information; Industry promotion and representation before the government.
- Orgs fund career development across industry. Cohen, David S. // Daily Variety;11/7/2001, Vol. 273 Issue 48, pA10
Reports on the funding of entertainment career development by organizations in Southern California. Support extended by the Academy Foundation for film preservation and education programs; Focus of the Entertainment Industry Development Corp. on workplace development; Fundin provided by the...
- CAREER ESSENTIALS: "A LIGHTHOUSE IN AN OCEAN FULL OF INFORMATION AND OPTIONS". Kelly-Freake, Eileen // Canadian Issues / ThÃ¨mes Canadiens;Spring2007, p123
AXIS Career Services is a division of the Association for New Canadians in Newfoundland and Labrador. AXIS offers a suite of employment assistance programs and services to internationally educated professionals and trades persons. The Career Essentials program is one of AXIS' core employment...
- Task Force on Outreach to Young Lawyers: Recruiting and Developing Future TIPS Leaders. Vercher, Michael A. // Brief;Summer2013, Vol. 42 Issue 4, p6
The article focuses on the mission of the Task Force on Outreach to Young Lawyers to increase membership in the Tort Trial & Insurace Practice Section. It mentions that a big part of the mission involves making leadership opportunities for new members by offering a forum to become involve and...
- SUPPORTING MEMBERSHIP, ACCREDITATION & PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT ACTIVITIES. Pollock, Isobel // Professional Engineering;2005 Supplement, Vol. 18, p5
The article provides information about the Qualifications & Membership Board in 2004. The focus of the board had been on introducing The UK Standard for Professional Engineering Competence to the Institution's processes and procedures and on implementing the decision to close the IMechE office...
- Continuing Education Is Key For Contract Specialists. // Government Procurement;Oct2000, Vol. 8 Issue 5, p55
Focuses on the role of the National Contract Management Association in the career advancement of procurement officials in the United States. Details on the services offered by the organization; Use of education for technical, conceptual, and human relocations job skill development; Information...
- Getting the word out. // Association Management;Sep95, Vol. 47 Issue 9, p256
Reports on the Kansas Society of Association Executives' development of a career brochure called `Tell Me About Associations' to encourage students to consider association employment.
- Creating a 'Common Ground' in NYC. Dymi, Amilda // National Mortgage News;8/5/2002, Vol. 26 Issue 44, p15
Reports the launch of the reconstruction of the Chelsea Residence in New York City by Common Ground Community in August 2002. Services to be offered by the Chelsea Residence; People targeted by the housing-based career development program; Development costs for the residence.