Selling a new emphasis on togetherness
- Part-timers win equal rights battle. // Accountancy;Nov88, Vol. 102 Issue 1143, p50
Reports that part-time employees at Norwich Union Insurance Group, a company in Great Britain, have won the right to a mortgage allowance scheme, a benefit previously available to full-time employees.
- Life firm staff take pay cut. // Employee Benefits;June2004, p10
Reports on the pay cut taken by employees at Norwich Union Life in exchange for a defined benefit (DB) pension in Great Britain. Preference for the pension over a money purchase scheme; Percentage of staff who chose with the DB scheme.
- Shire shifts provider for GPP scheme. // Employee Benefits;Mar2009, p9
The article reports that Shire PLC has changed to Norwich Union PLC as provider for its group personal pension scheme in Great Britain. The change is prompted by a concern on the effect of a restructure at former provider Friends Provident might have on its pension business. According to Alan...
- Most effective use of reward. // Employee Benefits;
The article features Norwich Union PLC's Helping You Make a Difference, winner of the Most effective use of reward award at the Employee Benefits Awards 2008 held June 18 in London, England. Its benefits and reward strategies recognise the need for employee development such as voluntarism...
- Ericsson lines perks. // Employee Benefits;Dec2006, p8
The article reports that Ericsson AB has consolidated its three private medical insurance (PMI) schemes into one, following its acquisition of Marconi Corp. PLC in January 2005 in Great Britain. Ericsson has moved to one PMI scheme provided by Norwich Union PLC. The firm has already intends to...
- update NEWS. // Employee Benefits;May2004, p9
Reports developments related to employee benefits in Great Britain as of May 2004. Celebration of the Nationwide; Award won by the Norwich Union; Investment of the BT Pension Scheme in hedge funds.
- Norwich Union ups the ante on managerial performance. Hope, Katie // People Management;3/9/2006, Vol. 12 Issue 5, p13
The article reports on decision of Norwich Union to change its senior managers' bonus scheme to link it to employee satisfaction as of March 2006. The insurance company has restructured the bonuses of its top 120 British senior management team so that 10 percent is now linked to employee morale...
- Desperately seeking Lisa. McKenna, Ian // Corporate Adviser;Mar2009, p16
The article focuses on the author's perspectives regarding the idea of Norwich Union PLC to transform into Aviva with the launch of a ground-breaking set of new member communication tools. He mentions that the tools involved spending considerable time researching which communication methods...
- News in brief. // Employee Benefits;May2006, p11
The article reports developments related to employee benefits in Great Britain. The Norwich Union PLC has added 602 employees to a home computing initiative after it signed off an agreement to introduce a scheme before deadline for tax breaks. One extra holiday was rewarded by Buckinghamshire...