- Keep employee feedback constructive, consistent. Weiss, Gail Garfinkel // Urology Times;Jun2004, Vol. 32 Issue 9, p10
Provides information on how manager can improve employee feedback. Benefits of feedback for employees; Need for employees to be told about one's annual performance evaluation; Effectiveness of the approach in which managers set time aside every week or every other week to meet one-on-one with...
- Great feedback. Richardson, Annie // Training Journal;Jan2013, p66
The article discusses feedback in employee management, presenting suggestions for the delivery of effective feedback. According to the author, feedback should be delivered in a specific and succinct way soon after a behavior is observed. It should also focus on behavior and not an employee's...
- The Heart's Desire. Sanders, Seiche // Quality Progress;Jul2013, Vol. 46 Issue 7, p5
The editor introduces several articles from the issue, including "Feeling Connected," by Jonathan D. Port, which looks at employee relations, "Take Charge," which discusses control charts in management, and "Full View," which explores the use of the plan-do-check-act cycle in employee reviews.
- Loyalty: A Prescription for Cutting Costs. Reichheld, Fred; Detrick, Christine // Marketing Management;Sep/Oct2003, Vol. 12 Issue 5, p24
This article examines how retaining current customers can help save money. Across a wide range of businesses, customers generate increasing profits each year they stay with a company. In financial services, for example, a 5% increase in customer retention produces more than a 25% increase in...
- A 360-degree turn for the better. Ward, Peter // People Management;02/09/95, Vol. 1 Issue 3, p20
Evaluates the 360-degree feedback methods of performance measurement. How the feedback method works; Comparison of traditional performance measurement systems and 360-degree feedback; Features of 360-degree feedback; Sources of feedback method; Pitfalls to be avoided as result of 360-degree...
- 360 degree ratings: An analysis of assumptions and a research agenda for evaluating their validity. Borman, Walter C. // Human Resource Management Review;Fall97, Vol. 7 Issue 3, p299
Determines the validity of the 360-degree feedback for rating of employees. Two primary assumptions of practitioners using the 360-degree ratings; Hypotheses on the disagreement of supervisors and peers over their performance ratings; Implication of the disagreement.
- 360ï¿½ FEEDBACK LEADS TO IMPROVED PRODUCTIVITY. Sweeney, Theresa // Credit Union Management;Aug2002, Vol. 25 Issue 8, p50
Reports that providing managers with 360 degrees feedback improved their performance, with participants' leadership and management behaviors showing the most improvement, according to a study by Personnel Decisions International (PDI) and Personnel Decisions Research Institutes of Minneapolis,...
- Get the Most from 360-Degree Feedback: Put It on the Internet. Huet-Cox, G. Douglas; Nielsen, Tjai M.; Sundstrom, Eric // HR Magazine;May99, Vol. 44 Issue 5, p92
Focuses on the use of the Leading Empowered Active People survey (LEAPS) as an instrument for a 360-Degree feedback system. Development of an Internet-based employee performance appraisal system; Information on the case of Otis Elevator Company.
- 360 degrees Feedback System Effectiveness: Test of a Model in a Field Setting. Williams, Jane R.; Lueke, Sarah B. // Journal of Quality Management;1999, Vol. 4 Issue 1, p23
Multi-source feedback systems have been implemented in many organizations as a tool to enhance management development efforts. Interestingly, compared to the number of systems in place, the amount of empirical work conducted to support the use of these systems is scarce. The current field study...