Euro ruling kicks up soccer transfer fuss
- THE IMPERIAL COMMISSIONER MOUNTAIN LANDIS AND HIS PROGENY: THE EVOLVING POWER OF COMMISSIONERS OVER PLAYERS. Cornwell Sr., Wm. David // New England Law Review;Spring2006, Vol. 40 Issue 3, p769
Presents a speech by Wm. David Cornwell delivered at the annual "New England Law Review" Symposium regarding the evolving power of sports commissioners over National Football League (NFL) players at the New England School of Law in Boston, Massachusetts, November 4, 2005. Occurrence of tension...
- FIRST AND GOAL: HOW THE NFL'S PERSONAL CONDUCT POLICY COMPLIES WITH FEDERAL ANTITRUST LAW. Vaughan, Kelly M. // Cornell Law Review;Mar2011, Vol. 96 Issue 3, p609
The article examines how the Personal Conduct Policy (PCP) implemented by the National Football League (NFL) complies with the U.S. antitrust law regardless of whether the nonstatutory labor exemption under the Collective Bargaining Agreement would apply to PCP. The PCP was introduced by NFL...
- NEXT STEPS IN NORTHWESTERN UNIVERSITY CASE. // Business Insurance;3/31/2014, Vol. 48 Issue 7, p38
The article focuses on the case of Northwestern University's football players claiming grant-in-aid scholarships under the National Labor Relations Act (NLRA). It is noted that Regional Director Peter Sung Ohr's March 26, 2014 ruling is planned to be challenged by Northwestern before the full...
- NLRB ruling creates benefits challenges. WOJCIK, JOANNE; DUNNING, MATT // Business Insurance;3/31/2014, Vol. 48 Issue 7, p1
The article reports that a series of risk management and employee benefits hurdles for colleges providing grant-in-aid scholarships to student-athletes is presented by a National Labor Relations Board (NLRB) decision that Northwestern University scholarship football players are employees of the...
- UGOVORI IZMEÄU PROFESIONALNIH NOGOMETAÅ A I KLUBOVA - UGOVORI RADNOG ILI GRAÄANSKOG PRAVA? Bilić, Andrijana; Smokvina, Vanja // Collected Papers of the Faculty of Law in Split;2012, Vol. 49 Issue 4, p831
The relationship between professional football players and their clubs very often is defined in various ways. In some countries it is a labour law relationship, while in the others it is a civil law relationship. In this paper the authors present their thesis that the contract concluded between...
- Labor law for supervisors. Lissy, William E. // Supervision;Mar96, Vol. 57 Issue 3, p17
Presents legal status examples of employees who are chronically absent or late. Suspension of a chronically late United States Army employee; Obligation of a company to accommodate an employee's undisclosed disability; Allegation of defamation and negligent infliction of emotional distress.
- The Politics of Child Labour in Indonesia: Global Trends and Domestic Policy. Bessell, Sharon // Pacific Affairs;Fall99, Vol. 72 Issue 3, p353
Focuses on legislative and policy responses to child labor in Indonesia. Major trends in international discourse on child labor; Evolution of child labor policy in Indonesia; Child labor laws from 1945-1965; Details on the Ministerial Regulation of 1987.
- Child labor law on hold. // Wallaces Farmer;Apr2012, Vol. 137 Issue 4, p38
The article focuses on the issue related to child labor law.
- Editorial Preface. DAVIES, PAUL // Industrial Law Journal;Dec1997, Vol. 26 Issue 4, p289
An introduction is presented in which the editor discusses various articles within the issue on topics including success of Industrial Law Society, labor law, and international labor law.