PAY AND BENEFITS
- An analysis of changes in wages and benefits during 1969. Talbot Jr., Joseph E. // Monthly Labor Review;Jun70, Vol. 93 Issue 6, p45
Analyzes changes wages and benefits in the U.S. in 1969. High number of large first-year wage increases in collective bargaining agreements; Estimated annual rates of increase in hourly cost of wages; Rate of wage change over the life of the contracts; Wage increases negotiated during 1969;...
- REPORT SAYS MIAMI PORT CONTRACTORS ARE 'SCAPEGOATS' // Overdrive;Apr2005, Vol. 45 Issue 4, p78
The article focuses on the reports that says that Miami port contractors are being made scapegoats. A blue ribbon commission's report sympathizes with the grievances of owner-operators working Miami's port and its recommendations include reclassifying these truckers as employees. The commission...
- LABOR-MANAGEMENT DATA. // Monthly Labor Review;Oct77, Vol. 100 Issue 10, p118
Presents major collective bargaining data in the United States, compiled as of October 1977. Wage and benefit settlements since 1971; Wage adjustments going into effect; Work stoppages since 1947.
- WAGE FORMATION IN THE CONTEXT OF COLLECTIVE BARGAINING. Keizer, P. K. // De Economist (0013-063X);Dec1988, Vol. 136 Issue 4, p538
Presents a response by the author to a comment on his article "Wage Formation in the Context of Collective Bargaining." Comparison between monopsony and monopoly; Task of employers' organization with regards to the wages of employees; Errors on the criticisms of the costs and benefits...
- Garment industry settlements. Cimini, Michael H. // Monthly Labor Review;Oct90, Vol. 113 Issue 10, p45
Highlights new three-year collective bargaining agreements between three employer associations in New York and Local 62-32 of the Ladies Garment Workers. Wages; Benefits.
- Good news for New Brunswick nurses. // Canadian Nurse;Nov2004, Vol. 100 Issue 9, p9
Presents information on the achievement by the New Brunswick Nurses' Union of a contract settlement for wage increase and enhanced benefits in September 2004. Challenge faced by the government in meeting such collective agreement; Intention of the health ministry to support nurse competence and...
- DEVIATIONS FROM WAGE-FRINGE STANDARDS. Greenberg, David H. // Industrial & Labor Relations Review;Jan68, Vol. 21 Issue 2, p197
The article examines the circumstances and forms of adjustment to the particular needs of the individual plant of company within a bargaining unit and the plant or company subject to a strong well-defined wage pattern. Particular attention is focused on the dilemma of plant survival versus wage...
- Current Labor Statistics. // Monthly Labor Review;Sep77, Vol. 100 Issue 9, p57
Presents the labor statistics in the U.S. as of September 1977. Wage and benefit settlements in major collective bargaining units; Selected employment and unemployment indicators; Duration of unemployment; Labor turnover rates in manufacturing.
- Pensions dispute deadline set. // Rail Business Intelligence;4/27/2006, Issue 268, p6
The article reports on the admonition from labor unions in the railroad sector, including the British National Union of Rail, Maritime and Transport Workers, that they will ballot members for industrial action unless employers agree to the key demands of their national campaign to keep the...