Jesuit Universities Quit Paying for Abortions
- A Consistent Life Ethic? Supporting Life After Birth. Ruether, Rosemary Radford // Conscience: The News Journal of Catholic Opinion;Spring2007, Vol. 28 Issue 1, p30
This article presents a speech by Catholic theology professor Rosemary Radford Ruether at Loyola Marymount University in Los Angeles, California in October 2006. The speaker discusses the nature of legislation against abortion and stem cell research and its incongruency with aggressive military...
- One more win for Hank. // Newsweek;4/2/1990, Vol. 115 Issue 14, p61
Discusses the emotional hurricane which came to an end last Friday night when the Loyola Marymount University basketball team defeated Alabama 62 to 60. The loss of star center Hank Gathers; The battle to win for Gathers' memory.
- Professor Quits Ethics Post at University That Dropped Abortion Coverage. Ritenbaugh, John W. // Journal of International Diversity;2013, Issue 3, p93
The article focuses on Stephen F. Diamond, an associate professor of law at Santa Clara University in California who resigned at Markkula Center for Applied Ethics due to neglection of abortion coverage. According to Diamond that the center and its director Kirk O. Hanson have taken an...
- Santa Clara's 100th. // Time;3/19/1951, Vol. 57 Issue 12, p81
The article announces the 100th anniversary of Santa Clara University in California in March 1951.
- Sexist newsletter brings suspension. // Liberal Education;Sep/Oct90, Vol. 76 Issue 4, p49
Reports that Santa Clara University, California, has suspended the Lambda chapter of Sigma Phi Epsilon for at least four years for using offensive language in the chapter's newsletter.
- Helping higher education's working poor. Merik, Sunny // Education Digest;Oct96, Vol. 62 Issue 2, p50
Describes programs established for employees at the Santa Clara University in California. Creation of a vacation pool designed to enable employees to donate unused leaves to coworkers; Group automobile and car insurance; On-campus child care; Discounted tickets for university events.
- For Frosh, A Wireless Clue. Bourrie, Sally Ruth // Wireless Week;05/01/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 18, p27
Provides information on the paging service initiated by Metrocall and Loyola Marymount University in Los Angeles, California. Success of the pilot project; Marketing of the service package to universities and colleges nationwide; Two other college programs initiated by Metrocall.
- Western wanderings. Fish, Peter // Sunset;Aug96, Vol. 197 Issue 2, p14
Focuses on Werner von Boltenstern Postcard Collection at Loyola Marymount University in Los Angeles, California. Comments of Errol Stevans, curator of the collection; Brief profile of Werner von Boltenstern; Southern California views in the collection.
- Latino leaders emerging at Marymount. Johnston, Rosemary // National Catholic Reporter;3/29/96, Vol. 32 Issue 22, p18
Profiles several Latino students at Loyola Marymount college in Los Angeles.