California Retirement System's LOC Enterprise Welcomed With Open Arms
- Don't short Bermuda. // Pensions & Investments;8/19/2002, Vol. 30 Issue 17, p10
Editorial. Comments on the proposal of California treasurer Philip Angelides on the retirement system for public employees and state teachers in California. Avoidance of the U.S. corporate income tax; Discussion on corporate ethics and offshore tax avoidance; Elimination on the double taxation...
- Plan to protect pension rights. // Money Marketing;10/17/2002, p10
Reports on the plans to introduce an insurance scheme for occupational pensions to protect employee rights in the event of bankruptcy in Great Britain. Element to prosperity in retirement; Transition from defined-benefit to defined-contribution schemes; Reluctance to reinstate tax relief on...
- 'Cut out pint of beer for a better pension' Stevenson, Rachel // Money Marketing;2/28/2002, p20
Reports the effect of the levels of pension savings on the people with less retirement contributions. Percentage of people with less contribution in a pension plan; Aim of the research to identify the retirement plans of the people; Importance of a small amount of money upon retirement.
- San Diego City System Starts A/L Chats. Lewis, Jakema // Investment Management Mandate Pipeline;2/28/2013, p6
The article reports that the Investment Committee of the San Diego City Employees' Retirement System in California will start an asset/liability study in the latter part of February 2013.
- Ohio PERS to outsource part of domestic assets. Kennedy, Mike // Pensions & Investments;2/5/2001, Vol. 29 Issue 3, p6
Reports the plan of the Public Employees' Retirement System of Ohio to outsource active equity and domestic fixed income. Consideration of privatizing the equity of public employee retirement system; Review of the plans investments assets allocation; Purpose for recruiting retainer consultants;...
- Retirement Planning. Hill, Willard // American City & County;Jan2001, Vol. 116 Issue 1, p36
Provides information on retirement planning for government employees in the United States. Background on government retirement planning; Participants in the retirement planning process; Description of the process; Significance of retirement planning.
- Minimizing your personal tax burden. Glover, Paul // CMA Magazine;Mar1990, Vol. 64 Issue 2, p21
Focuses on the tax planning opportunities associated with the Registered Retirement Savings Plans (RRSP). Maximum contribution limit of the RRSP; Income splitting opportunities; Claims on capital gains exemption; Calculations on investment losses; Prime considerations for proposed tax shelter...
- Saving Social Security: Lessons from State and Local Governments. Lips, Carrie // USA Today Magazine;Sep99, Vol. 128 Issue 2652, p23
Compares state and local retirement programs to Social Security. Benefits and flexibility provided by participants in state and local retirement programs; Information on San Diego, California's Supplemental Pension Savings Plan; How political interests affect investment selection.
- Building a Link Between Retirement Planning in the Civil Service and Entrepreneurship Development in Nigeria. Udofot, Paul O. // Canadian Social Science;8/31/2012, Vol. 8 Issue 4, p132
Retiree involvement in entrepreneurship is known to address their wellbeing challenges hence the interest to ascertain the determinants and level of their contribution among retirees of the Civil Service of Akwa Ibom State of Nigeria. Data were obtained through the use of structured...