Colorado Makes Plans to Ask Voters To Allow for Easing of TABOR Limits
- Ventura Wrestles With Minnesota Legislators in Budget Battle. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;8/13/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31448, p3
Reports the budget deficits in Minnesota. Failure of the state to adopt a budget repair bill; Division between the Democrat-controlled Senate and a Republican-controlled House; Concerns of the lawmaker for reelection.
- State budget hits impasse. Gibbons, Valerie // Business Journal Serving Fresno & the Central San Joaquin Valley;7/11/2003, Issue 323111, p1
Reports on a Republican drafted legislative bill in California reducing state spending and overturning the increase in vehicle license fees. Details of the budget proposal; Budget areas increased and reduced; Democratic version of the bill.
- Florida: Legislature Passes Sweeping Growth Management Reforms. // GPP eNews;5/20/2011, p3
No abstract available.
- SPECIAL REPORTS. // Computer Weekly;3/30/2010, p3
The article presents information on two special reports from Great Britain including "Budget 2010--Comment, Debate and Analysis," and "Digital Economy Bill," that were published on the website "computerweekly.com."
- Illinois legislature has a full plate and little time to clear it. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;01/19/2000, Vol. 331 Issue 30810, p26
Focuses on issues that legislators in Illinois are likely to take up as they return to work in the week of January 19, 2000. Governor George Ryan's budget proposal; Legislators' focus on the election season; Spending plan for tobacco funds; Funding package for an improved football stadium for...
- Boondoggles and Booby Traps. // Time;7/13/1981, Vol. 118 Issue 2, p12
The article discusses the loop holes in U.S. House budget bill passed by congressmen regarding issues including clinch river breeder reactor, national endowments for the arts and humanities, and legal services.
- KEY DATES. // Bar Bulletin of the Maryland State Bar Association;12/15/2013, Vol. 30 Issue 12, p11
A calendar of events for the 2014 Maryland General Assembly from January 8 - May 7, 2014 is presented which includes convening the General Assembly, final date for introduction of the budget bill by the Governor and the Senate Bill Introduction Date.
- Battles royal. Russell, Vivienne // Public Finance;11/20/2009, p4
The article discusses the author's views about the aspiration of the British government to reduce deficit by 2014 and balance the books by a target date of 2018 as contained in a Fiscal Responsibility Bill in Great Britain.
- No Freeze, Please. // Bond Buyer;7/30/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31688, p35
Focuses on the plans of Omaha mayor Mike Fahey to introduce a budget plan for 2004 which would result in lay off of about 35 city employees. Factors that led Fahey to introduce the budget plan; Provisions of the budget plan; Potential benefits of the budget.