Detroit Mulls Contract to Collect $150M in Back Taxes
- Despite Declaring Chapter 9, Vallejo Hasn't Slammed Its Bondholders. Jensen, Randall // Bond Buyer;1/24/2011, Vol. 375 Issue 33454, p7
The article reports on the bankruptcy condition of Vallejo City in California, filed in May 2008 in response to unsustainable labor contracts and dwindling tax collections. It states that the city has been avoiding inflicting severe damage to its bondholders and exerting effort in making any...
- It's Time To Abolish IRS, As Recent Scandals Show. LEWIS K. UHLER AND PETER J. FERRARA // Investors Business Daily;8/13/2014, pA13
The Constitution states in Article I, Section 8: "The Congress shall have the power to lay and collect taxes ... ." The 16th Amendment enacted in 1913 restated: "The Congress shall have the power to lay and collect taxes on incomes ... ."
- The Outsourcing Option. // Practical Accountant;Nov2004, Vol. 37 Issue 11, p44
The article focuses on outsourcing of tax returns processing. Electronically shipping returns overseas and around the world for quick processing is a growing trend. SurePrep, one of the outsourcing vendors, offers an average turnaround time of 31 hours, with 99 percent of returns completed...
- The Revenue Commissioners Selects Billpost to Process Income Tax Returns. // GlobalSourcingNOW;7/30/2007, p8
The article reports on the decision of the Revenue Commissioners, the tax and customs authority in Ireland, to outsource part of its tax returns processing to a division of An Post Billpost Processing Services. An Post is an Ireland-based commercial organization that provides a wide range of...
- OVERSEAS TAX DEVELOPMENTS. // Accountancy;Jun68, Vol. 79 Issue 898, p402
The article presents information on the global developments related to taxation. In Trinidad, the Provisional Collection of Taxes Order 1968 fixes tax rates for corporations and individuals for the year of income 1968. The Canadian Parliament defeated the proposal that introduced a five percent...
- The Numbers. // New Hampshire Business Review;10/17/2003, Vol. 25 Issue 22, p18A
Presents charts depicting the value of construction contracts, the number of merchandise exports and state tax collections in New Hampshire.
- What now? Arendse, Jackie // Finance Week;10/25/2004, p74
Focuses on the implications of applications for breaches of foreign exchange regulations in South Africa. Information on additional tax liability on offshore income; Illustration of the implication of the amnesty applications; Requirements to taxpayers to disclose details of offshore income and...
- Private agencies to bail out RMC. // Telegraph (Calcutta, India);7/8/2013, p1
The article reports that the Ranchi Municipal Corp. (RMC) has invited bids from agencies in India to collect holding and water taxes and issue trade licence. Topics discussed include Ranchi's outsourcing its clean-up and park maintenance operations to private contractors and deputy mayor Sanjeev...
- ILLINOIS: Not Meeting Target. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;1/9/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31300, p29
Focuses on tax collections in Illinois for the second quarter of the fiscal year 2002. Difference between actual and estimated tax collections; Budgetary problems faced by the state.