Chicago Board of Ed's $184M Deal Satisfied Minority Goal
- Alabama District Breaking New Ground With $121M Warrant Sale. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;3/24/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31599, p3
Reports that the Mobile County School Board in Alabama will price $121 million of warrants in an auction-rate and swap structure on March 25, 2003. Names of insurer and underwriters of the warrants; Total basis points in interest costs expected to be saved; Advantage of issuing the auction-rate...
- Orange County, Fla., Schools Set Up $188 Million of COPs. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;5/31/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31398, p3
Reports the sale Orange County School Board of fixed-rate and variable rate of certificates of participation (COP) in Florida. Use of the COP proceeds to renovate and replace schools; Reduction of the millage rate on property values; Funding mechanism for the capital program.
- Palm Beach County, Fla., Schools End Heavy Year With $193M COP Deal. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;12/10/2002, Vol. 342 Issue 31529, p4
Reports that the Palm Beach County, Florida, School Board will end its debt issuance with the sale of multi-million dollars of 20-year certificates of participation (COP). Name of the corporation managing the deal; Total outstanding amount of COPs as a result of the offering; Names of companies...
- Florida's Broward County Schools Plan $113M of Auction-Rate Debt. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;6/28/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31914, p7
Reports on Broward County, Florida School Board's plan to proceed with the initial pricing of a $113 million auction-rate securities. Companies involved in the bond offering; Swap rate.
- Broward county, Fla., Schools Selling $200 Million in COPs. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;5/16/2006, Vol. 356 Issue 32382, p31
The article reports that the School Board in Broward County, Florida has planned to sell its certificates of participation to various institutions across the state. Proceeds of the sales will be used to build new elementary and high schools. The district holds retail sales on the...
- Florida Schools Board Selling $97M Of Capital Improvement COPs. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;4/7/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31858, p3
Reports that the Palm Beach County, Florida, School Board continues its capital program with the negotiated sale of certificates of participation. Management of the sale by Citigroup Global Markets; Fitch Ratings' rating to the deal; List of underwriters participating in the sale.
- Notes From Brevard. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;6/24/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31912, p31
Reports on the decision of Brevard County School Board to take competitive bids for revenue notes in Florida. Rating assigned by Moody's Investors Service Inc. to the notes; Use of the proceeds of the sale in financing the cost of converting two junior high schools to senior high schools;...
- Florida District Goes COP Route With 1st Variable-Rate Sale. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;7/24/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31684, p30
Reports that Polk County, Florida School Board has been preparing to close its first variable-rate deal for certificates of participation (COP) sale. Name of the company which insured the COP deal; Terms of swap agreement signed for the deal; Effect of interest rate exchange agreement of the...
- MISSISSIPPI: Rankin Schools Eye $170M. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;6/30/2011, Vol. 376 Issue 33542, p7
The article reports on the Rankin County School Board's plan to ask voters to authorize the issuance of 169.5 million dollars of general obligation bonds to finance improvements to eight school zones within the county, including construction of three new schools.