NEWS IN BRIEF
- A Business Diagnostic : Here's how even a new business can benefit from a quick four-step analysis. Evans, Adam // On Wall Street;Aug2001, Vol. 11 Issue 8, pN.PAG
Recommends an analysis for the benefit of businesses related to finance. Advantage of a periodic review of businesses; Need to identify clients; Efficiency of operations within the business.
- Sources and uses of funds, nonfarm nonfinancial corporate... // Economic Indicators;Feb96, p29
Presents statistical information on the data of sources and uses of funds, nonfarm nonfinancial corporate business. Credit market funds; Securities and mortgages; Loans and short-term paper.
- FRAGILE FINANCIAL NETWORKS. Leitner, Yaron // Business Review (Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia);2002 Fourth Quarter, p33
Analyzes the effects of financial networks on business. Suggestions for agents to prevent the collapse of a financial network; Functions of a fragile financial network; Descriptions of linkages among agents.
- Top tips of the week. // PHC Profit Report;5/15/96, Vol. 4 Issue 10, p3
Presents tips for business and finance. Includes a fun way to do safety training; Direct mail advertisers' use of money back guarantees; Sending out customer invoices.
- Money saving ideas for the profit-minded supervisor. Mintcloud, Buckley // Supervision;Oct91, Vol. 52 Issue 10, p22
Presents some approach dealing with money-saving ideas. Employment assistance program (EAP); `Twenty Questions' with upgraded productivity in mind; Tips on how to get the most out of your desk-top publishing system; Other information.
- BUSINESS & FINANCE. Kilborn, Robert; Savides, Steven // Christian Science Monitor;12/24/2001, Vol. 94 Issue 22, p20
Presents news briefs related to business and finance as of December 24, 2001, including financial losses facing United Airlines.
- A survey of weather derivatives: Introduction and pricing. Mahal, Gurminder // Derivatives Use, Trading & Regulation;2001, Vol. 6 Issue 4, p323
Examines the problems involved in pricing weather derivatives. Suggestions on how the problems can be overcome; Explanation of the products and market in the area; Information on how a weather derivative can be priced.
- Market response to value line OTC special situations... Rogers, Ronald C.; Roenfeldt, Rodney L. // Quarterly Journal of Business & Economics;Summer91, Vol. 30 Issue 3, p88
Examines both the information content and investment performance of `The Value Line OTC Special Situations Service's (VLSSS) recommendations. Significance of the `Value Line Investment Survey (VLIS); Sample selection and methodology; Measurement of abnormal returns; Implication of the results...
- Business & Finance. Kilborn, Robert; Nichols, Judy; Burek, Joshua S. // Christian Science Monitor;5/24/2000, Vol. 92 Issue 128, p20
Presents business and finance news briefs as of May 24, 2000 including the overturned damages against Pfizer Inc. and the damage compensation sought by Global Crossing Ltd.
- There's nothing like cash. Wiesner, Pat // Colorado Business Magazine;Feb97, Vol. 24 Issue 2, p9
Opinion. Discusses the importance of financial capabilities in running and managing a business. Factors that affect a business; Forms of liquidity; Cycle of monetary transactions and tax collection; cash and credit.