Phoenix Set to Authorize $500M Issue for New Light-Rail System
- New Challenge to CenterLine; Catching Up with Cyburt. Reiff, Rick // Orange County Business Journal;3/29/2004, Vol. 27 Issue 13, p3
Reports on the possible complications of the financial support provided by the Orange County Transportation Authority (OCTA) to CenterLine, a billion-dollar light-rail system in California. Conflict with OCTA's course with the Citizens Oversight Committee; Consideration of sales-tax revenue on...
- Kansas City Voters Soundly Reject Light-Rail Plan: Supporters Look to Next Year. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;8/9/2001, Vol. 337 Issue 31199, p40
Reports the rejection of a light-rail system in Kansas City, Kansas. Details on the increase in sales tax for financing the project; Assessment on a revises transportation plan; Failure of referendum due to lack of business support; Concerns for the city's ability to pay another transit project.
- Miami-Dade approves sales tax for transit. Sebree, G. Mac // Trains;Apr2003, Vol. 63 Issue 4, p27
Reports that the Miami-Dade County, Florida voters have approved a one-half penny sales tax increase in November 2002. Amount to be generated from the sales tax increase; Details of the plans of Miami-Dade County to expand its rail rapid transit service.
- Light rail-initiative likely to end at the polls. // Inside Tucson Business;8/11/2003, Vol. 13 Issue 7, p4
Editorial. Focuses on the factors why city residents should not vote for the proposed light-rail initiative in Tucson, Arizona. Availability of water in the area; Increase in the sales tax in the community; Appropriateness of the financial structure in the area.
- Compromise to Give Illinois County Half of Water Commission's Tax Revenues. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;5/22/2003, Vol. 344 Issue 31641, p40
For the next five years, cash-strapped DuPage County, Illinois, would receive about 15 million dollar of the roughly 30 million dollar of sales tax revenues collected annually by the DuPage Water Commission under a compromise announced on May 23, 2003 that preserves the commission. Seeking to...
- Tax Revenues Off. Braun, Martin Z. // Bond Buyer;12/17/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31286, p37
Reports on the decline in the sales tax revenues of New Jersey for November 2001. Expected increase in the budget shortfall of the state; Performance of tax revenues of state.
- Stores pose taxing dilemma for burbs. Tita, Bob // Crain's Chicago Business;8/12/2002, Vol. 25 Issue 32, p1
Reports on the declining sales tax revenues in Chicago, Illinois. Contrast to the number of stores of shopping centers; Diversion of sales tax payments; Use of sales tax rebates for economic development initiatives.
- Revs Make It 12 in a Row. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;4/12/2011, Vol. 376 Issue 33498, p7
The article reports on the increase of the state tax revenue of Texas in March 2011 with 10 % up from March 2011 and notes the sales tax revenue increase for already 12 months in a row.
- Long Island's sales tax revs beat estimates. Anastasi, Nick // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);2/22/2002, Vol. 49 Issue 8, p5A
Reports on the amount of sales tax revenues collected by both Nassau and Suffolk counties in New York. Estimation of the budget for sales tax collections in 2001; Decline of the sales tax after the September 11 terrorist attacks; Conduct of sales tax prediction for 2001.