Utah Pushes Charter School Loan Program as Educational Choice
- Both sides seek fix for charter funding. Davis, Andrea Muirragui // Indianapolis Business Journal;1/27/2003, Vol. 23 Issue 47, p10
Reports on the proposed bill, authored by Senator Teresa Lubbers (R-Ind.), which seeks to address funding issues that have arisen from the 2001 legislation authorizing charter schools. Provision of Senate Bill 50 that formalizes the practice of funding both charters and corporations; Lubbers'...
- AN UNFULFILLED PROMISE: THE NEED FOR CHARTER SCHOOL REFORM IN NEW JERSEY. Barbosa Jr., Franklin // Seton Hall Legislative Journal;2015, Vol. 39 Issue 2, p359
The article discusses the need for charter school reform in New Jersey. Topics discussed include financing a charter school, charter school admissions and enrollment policy, criticism of Senate bill 2319, current state of the charter school laws in New Jersey, criticisms of Senate Bill 2319 as...
- House funds charter schools, OKs omnibus spending, Senate passes omnibus bill and votes test ban funds. // Human Events;11/06/98, Vol. 54 Issue 42, p22
Reports on the United States Congress' legislative accomplishments. House's passage of the $520-billion omnibus bill on October 20, 1998; House's approval of a bill to fund charter schools; Senate's approval of funding for setting up monitoring stations for the Nuclear Weapons Test Ban Treaty.
- Westlake, Tex., Issues Debt For Charter School of Its Own. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;1/24/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31310, p1
Focuses on the plans of the city of Westlake, Texas for sale of its certificates of obligations to finance one of its chartered school. Ratings awarded to the certificates; Promise made by the city to support the certificates; Factors that gave recognition to the prospective sale.
- The false friends of charter schools. Vanourek, Gregg; Manno, Bruno V. // Education Week;04/30/97, Vol. 16 Issue 31, p60
Opinion. Examines the proposal of United States President Bill Clinton for funding of charter schools. Importance of charter schools; Strategies employed by opposers of charter schools; Increase in the number of charter schools in the United States; Constraints of the charter proposal of Clinton.
- Firms hoping to turn profit from charters. Schnaiberg, Lynn // Education Week;12/10/97, Vol. 17 Issue 16, p1
Reports on the profitability of establishing charter schools in the United States. Support given by the government on charter schools; Debate on school privatization; Criticism on the participation of private companies in running private schools.
- Charter school funding. // American School Board Journal;Apr2011, Vol. 198 Issue 4, p56
The article offers information on the "Adding Up the Spending" report regarding fiscal inequalities among charter schools in New York City, in which it shows that some well-endowed charters receive plenty of additional private funding while some charters receive almost no private donations.
- Testimony to the Michigan House Standing Committee on Education. Katz, Fern // Michigan Citizen;11/13/2011, Vol. 34 Issue 1, pA6
The author reflects on the regarding the plan to raise the cap on the number of charter schools in Michigan.
- Charter Schools: A New Option for Education...and Investors. Albano, Christine // Bond Buyer;12/04/2000, Vol. 334 Issue 31029, p16
Reports on the selling of municipal bonds to help fund charter schools. Efforts of newly created charter schools to find sources of money.