SEC Putting Florida Hospital's $250M in Bonds Under Microscope
- Oxnard, Calif., Ratings Unaffected by DA Probe. // Bond Buyer;8/23/2010, Vol. 373 Issue 33370, p2
The article reports on the ongoing investigation in Oxnard, California conducted by the attorney's office of the Ventura County district that does not have any immediate rating implications for the city or its water revenue bonds.
- Looking for Violations. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;06/13/2001, Vol. 336 Issue 31159, p1
Reports the investigation of Attorney General John Cornyn on special tax districts in Dallas, Texas. Reasons for the concern of Senator Jane Nelson on special districts; Bonds sold to special community districts; Decision of Cornyn on the authority of community development districts to collect...
- Philadelphia Jury Stymied on Deliberations. Catalde, Adam L. // Bond Buyer;2/1/2005, Vol. 351 Issue 32061, p4
The article reports that jurors told a U.S. judge that they were having trouble reaching a verdict in the case of a banker charged in connection with the Philadelphia pay-to-play investigation. However, U.S. District Court Judge Michael Baylson sent jurors back to resume deliberations in the...
- Med Center probe to be extensive, state agency says. Gurliacci, David // Westchester County Business Journal;9/13/2004, Vol. 43 Issue 37, p2
Reports on the investigation of the State Comptroller Alan Hevesi on the operations of Westchester Medical Center in Valhalla, New York. Examination into the finances of the center; Allegations of county officials against the center; Aspects of the audit.
- Attorney: IRS Scrutiny Will Reduce Number of Blind Pool Deals. Barnett, Susanna Duff // Bond Buyer;9/19/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31723, p5
Reports on the impact of the scrutiny of blind bond pools by the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) on financial transactions in the U.S. Definition of blind pools; Investigation of IRS on undisclosed payments made in various transactions; Concerns of the IRS over issuers' list of potential projects.
- FAR WEST Bond-Watch. Williams, Rochelle; Finestone, Deborah // Bond Buyer;5/17/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31389, p37
Reports development related to bonds in the U.S. as of May 2002. Upgrade of an outstanding debt by Moody's Investors Service in California; Closure of the investigation over an energy consultant from Attorney General Bill Lockyer; Approval of a bond measure by the board of the Meridian School...
- New Mexico Agency to Issue Findings From Housing Inquiry. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;8/29/2006, Vol. 357 Issue 32455, p3
This article reports that the New Mexico State Investment Council will issue its findings in September 2006 following the completion of an investigation into the fiscal operations of Region III Housing Authority New Mexico Inc. The council is conducting the investigation in an attempt to recover...
- Orange County gives bond documents to SEC after subpoena on yield burning. Hume, Lynn Stevens; Jacobius, Arleen // Bond Buyer;07/15/97, Vol. 321 Issue 30187, p1
Reports on the Orange County, California officials' release of municipal refunding bond documents to the US Securities and Exchange Commission in connection with a nationwide investigation on yield burning. Documents associated with a $239 million Mark-Roos refunding done in 1994; Subpoena...
- GIC Investigations Could Bring Crackdown. McConnell, Alison L. // Bond Buyer;11/20/2006, Vol. 358 Issue 32512, p1
The article reports on the concern of the government investment contract brokers' offices involving widespread abuses in the market for the reinvestment of bond proceeds in the U.S. Their concerns came as a federal grand jury investigation into bid-rigging in the municipal GIC market by the...