New guide stresses merits of counselling
- The Real Future of Counseling. Prince, William C. // Personnel & Guidance Journal;Jan83, Vol. 61 Issue 5, p259
Focuses on counseling workshops and articles. Topical orientations in counseling workshops and articles; American Personnel and Guidance Association's (APGA) sensitivity to the needs of its members; Functions of APGA journals.
- Why Not Guidance? Peer, Gary G. // Personnel & Guidance Journal;Jan83, Vol. 61 Issue 5, p259
Comments on the letter from Lewis B. Morgan in the September 1982 Feedback section of the 'Personnel and Guidance Journal,' in which he advocates that the American Personnel and Guidance Association's (APGA) name should be changed to American Counseling Association (ACA). Author's response to a...
- Mentoring -- What's in it for you? Main, Beverley // Human Resources Magazine;Oct/Nov2013, Vol. 18 Issue 4, p28
In the article, the author discusses about career mentoring and the things it offers with the parties involved. She cites the pivotal role played by membership associations in the mentoring process. She claims that such associations see mentoring as a tool to enhance the quality of practitioners...
- Could the coaching answer lie within? Sparrow, Stephanie // Training & Coaching Today;Feb2006, p22
This article offers insights about occupational coaching. The notion of creating a cohort of internal coaches is tempting. At business psychologists OPP, principal consultant Melody Blackburn is unsure whether organizations have the information they need to look for internal coaches. The...
- 5 steps to employee engagement: Improving your goals for organizational success. Harrison, Alice Grey // Public Relations Tactics;Nov2012, Vol. 19 Issue 11, p10
In this article, the author presents her tips on employee engagement for the success of an organization. She says that in many organizations, the challenging economy has resulted in reduced work force, increased workload and larger responsibilities without salary hike. She says that face-to-face...
- Guidelines on NLP trainers. // People Management;01/22/98, Vol. 4 Issue 2, p13
Reports on the Association for Neuro-Linguistic Programming's (NLP) issuance of an advice sheet for human resources professionals on how to check the credentials of trainees and manage contracts with them in Great Britain. Transfer of the trademark registration on the term NLP from McKenna...
- Get on and get ahead. Beagrie, Scott // Personnel Today;3/12/2002, p37
Relates the experiences of several coaches concerning personnel management in a certain organization in Great Britain. Traditional structure of organizations; Developments of human resources technology; Improvement of professional qualifications. INSET: University of Salford.
- Networking group launches in Tucson. Delgado, Steve // Inside Tucson Business;10/7/2002, Vol. 12 Issue 28, p3
Reports on the launch of a branch of Networking Employment and Training Professional Association on October 11, 2002 in Tucson, Arizona. Functions of the association; Membership fees of the association; Composition of members in another branch of the association in Phoenix, Arizona.
- HR must play central role in sector's modernisation. // Personnel Today;3/18/2003, p4
Focuses on the emphasis laid by local government human resource (HR) organization, Socpo, to ask for modernisation of HR authorities. Problem of under-resourcing of HR department.