- Global Trends on CD-ROM. McCaffrey; Minkel, Walter // School Library Journal;Nov2002, Vol. 48 Issue 11, p28
Provides information on 'Signposts 2002: Envisioning the Future,' a CD-ROM manufactured by WorldWatch Institute which features global trends and international facts. Design of the CD-ROM.
- CD-ROM job training; using both sides of the brain. Smith, Pedro // Caribbean Business;2/13/1997, Vol. 25 Issue 6, p37
Reports on the launch of CD-ROM training programs by different companies in Puerto Rico to improve their internal process systems. Features of the CD-ROM training concept; Advantages under the training program.
- The CD Solution. Meyer, Jim // ABA Journal;Jul90, Vol. 76 Issue 7, p89
Features the CD-ROM for online research services. Advantages and disadvantages; Cost; Application; Storage capacity.
- Resources. // Best's Review / Property-Casualty Insurance Edition;Feb99, Vol. 99 Issue 10, p92
Presents information on various resources on insurance. Books; compact disc (CD)-ROM; Educational courses.
- Watch your wallets. Desmarais, Norman // Computers in Libraries;Mar1994, Vol. 14 Issue 3, p38
Focuses on the cost of information resources needed by libraries. Impact of the emergence of virtual library on costs; Leasing of CD-ROM products; Use of dongles to meter usage; Use of software; Description of the after-use CD-ROM market.
- Three-in-One CD-ROM Reference. // Risk Management (00355593);Jan98, Vol. 45 Issue 1, p46
Reports that the new CD-ROM Electronic Library from the Underwriter Printing and Publishing Co. combines data from three publications previously available only in print.
- INFORMATION RESOURCES. // Resource Recycling;Apr2001, Vol. 20 Issue 4, p52
Presents information on information resources about electronic scrap recovery. Information on the CD-ROM edition of 'Computer and Electronic Equipment Recycling and Management Workshop Proceedings'; 'Retread Tire Buyers Guide.'
- What's All The Hype About Hypertext? Griffith, Cary // Information Today;Apr1989, Vol. 6 Issue 4, p22
This article deals with the significance of the CD-ROM technology to legal research and writing. Ever since CD-ROM technology was first developed it has contained more promises than performance, particularly in its application to legal information management. However, with the recent...
- CD-ROM Emerges As A Software Distribution Vehicle. Chapin, Doug // Information Today;Dec1989, Vol. 6 Issue 11, p24
Observes the emergence of compact disc-read only memory (CD-ROM) as a software distribution media in the U.S. Advantages of CD-ROM as an information distribution media; Use of CD-ROM as a legitimate and practical means of distributing large databases; Move by large corporations and government...