A new working style to make you feel at home
- Preparing for the age of telecommuting. Bley, Jennifer // Fort Worth Business Press;8/13/2012, Vol. 24 Issue 32, p11
The article discusses the factors which need to be considered in designing a work-from-home policy by companies.
- Overcoming telework's tech challenges. Carlson, Leah // Employee Benefit News;Jun2004, Vol. 18 Issue 7, p53
Provides information on the use of telecommuting system by employers in the U.S. Effects of telecommuting to the work efficiency of employees; Preference of employees on using the system; Challenges faced by information technology departments of companies that permit telecommuting. INSET: Do...
- HOME OFFICES: A Commute-Free Lifestyle. // Crain's New York Business;Fall 2005 Supplement, Vol. 21, p24
This article reports that according to the U.S. Census Bureau's 2003 figures, 4.5 million people in the country work from home. Within the metropolitan New York area, residents are increasingly opting for a commute-free lifestyle. While homeowners are setting up shop in everything from spare...
- Nearly everyone likes the idea of telework. // Work-Life Newsbrief & Trend Report;Apr2009, p1
The article focuses on the support of almost all employers, managers and workers to the concept of telework in the U.S. Survey shows that over 39% of the middle-sized companies have a policy detailing or enabling remote work. However, Las Vegas, Nevada employers were least supportive of this...
- Like CRE, telecommuting trends depend on location. // Mortgage Banking;Feb2011, Vol. 71 Issue 5, p109
The article reports on telecommuting trends in the U.S. companies with specific reference to the views of several experts in this regard. It is reported that telecommuting trends in the country depend on location. According to Gil Gordon, principal of Gil Gordon Associates, there is a reduction...
- More homework please. Donovan, Kate // Employee Benefits;Jun2007, p10
The article reports on the study indicating that organizations which allow staff to work at home can benefit from higher productivity, commitment, and improved morale in Great Britain. It mentions that home working is an opportunity for organizations to fit with the current prevailing business...
- Why work when you can 'telework?'. Rodriguez, Adrian // Business Journal Serving Fresno & the Central San Joaquin Valley;2/2/2007, Issue 323669, p10
The article focuses on the importance of teleworking in any business operations in the U.S. Teleworking is the process of working at home while communicating with the workplace. Through teleworking, employers could have access to business operations from any location. The work would become...
- Bullish on the home front. // Oregon Business Magazine;Dec94, Vol. 17 Issue 12, p108
Presents the July 1994 results of `Oregon Business' magazine's business poll. Home offices; Advantages and disadvantages of working at home; Telecommuting.
- Did you know... Feuell, Julia // Travel Weekly: The Choice of Travel Professionals;9/3/2004, Issue 1734, p54
This article presents information on the travel industry. If a company employs homeworkers on a commission-only basis, it can't be mean. The law says the company must still pay the minimum wage, even if staff do not produce any sales.