When a mother's rights are pushed to the limit
- Moral dilemma. Sharpley, Sherry // Black Enterprise;Jul95, Vol. 25 Issue 12, p34
Answers a reader's inquiry on his legal rights as an employer to terminate the services of an employee who will take a maternity leave. Conditions for laying off the employee; Costliness of a possible discrimination suit.
- Untitled. // Second Opinion;Apr92, Vol. 17 Issue 4, p94
Reports on the absence of a national policy on maternity leave in the United States. Provisions of the International Labor Organization; Case for Soviet women (before the break-up of the Soviet Union) and those in other countries; State of legislation for 1991 in the U.S.
- In on the act Maternity Regulations 2002. // Personnel Today;12/10/2002, p17
Reports on Maternity Regulations in Great Britain which came into force on November 24, 2002 and will affect employees whose expected date of childbirth begin on or after April 06, 2003. Details of the regulations; Changes in ordinary maternity leave; Requirements of the notification;...
- Know your maternity rights. // Australia's Parents;Autumn95 Special Issue Pregnancy, Issue 81, p25
Discusses laws covering maternity leaves in Australia. Paid and unpaid maternity leaves; Application procedures; Role of the employer; Contact information on unions and organizations dealing with unfair practices against women who are pregnant or have taken a maternity leave.
- Bringing up baby. McShulskis, Elaine // HR Magazine;Dec1996, Vol. 41 Issue 12, p24
Presents information about maternity and paternity leave packages offered by some countries. Information about the provision of Family and Medical Leave Act for maternity leaves; Examples of countries with generous leave packages; Income tax and mandatory employee pay deductions implemented by...
- Employment law checklist. Aikin, Olga // People Management;3/21/1996, Vol. 2 Issue 6, p52
Presents several court cases and legal developments affecting the workplace. European Court of Justice's decision over a kind of maternity case like Gillespie versus Northern Health and Social Services Board; Example case presented on unfair dismissal compensation.
- Family fortunes. Aikin, Olga // People Management;08/13/98, Vol. 4 Issue 16, p23
Analyzes proposals in the `Fairness at Work' white paper aimed at untangling the complex area of maternity law. Information on the case King versus The Hundred of Hoo Nursery; Details on the proposed reduction of the qualifying period for extended maternity leave; Effects of continuing the...
- When pregnancy affects performance. Wright, Teresa Burke // Credit Union Magazine;Sep2000, Vol. 66 Issue 9, p90
No abstract available.
- New maternity rights now in force for early arrivals. Willmott, Ben // Personnel Today;12/3/2002, p11
Focuses on the 2002 Maternity and Parental Leave Regulations which introduces maternity rights for women giving birth to pre-mature babies born on or after April 6, 2003 in Great Britain. Provisions mentioned in the act; Benefit to fathers under the regulations.
- LAW NEWS. // People Management;3/11/2010, p8
This section offers legal news briefs in Europe including the draft legislation passed by a committee of the European Parliament extending maternity leave across Europe to 20 weeks on full pay, as well as the manslaughter trial of Cotswold Geotechnical Holdings and its director Peter Eaton for...