Boost for long-term jobless in north-east
- The Next China? BUETOW, MIKE // Printed Circuit Design & Fab: Circuits Assembly;May2013, Vol. 30 Issue 5, p6
The article reports on the expansion plan of electronics firm Samsung in Ethiopia and Kenya in 2013, building manufacturing sites and providing thousands of direct or indirect employment. It is reportedly moving fast to capture market share in East-Central Africa and is expected to have 2...
- Overseas factories, domestic employment, and technological hollowing out: a case study of Samsung's mobile phone business. Lee, Keun; Jung, Moosup // Review of World Economics;Aug2015, Vol. 151 Issue 3, p461
Analysing the case of Samsung Electronics' mobile phone business, this paper examines the effects of establishing factories abroad on domestic jobs and the issue of technological hollowing out. The offshoring of mobile phone assembly to China, India, Brazil and Vietnam did not result in a...
- Recruitment and selection. // People Management;05/18/95, Vol. 1 Issue 10, p9
Features several issues on employment recruitment in Britain. Complaint of Britain's outplacement consultants' to European Commission; Effect of takeovers and mergers on tensions in Granada's group; Estimated trend in the recruitment advertising market; Others.
- Flexible labor: Restructuring the American work force. Clinton, Angela // Monthly Labor Review;Aug97, Vol. 120 Issue 8, p3
Studies the shift from direct hires of permanent workers to contingent workers in business services and engineering and management services. Trends in occupational employment; Industry shifts in occupational employment; Relation between trends in employment, occupations, output and input to the...
- Systems for Measuring and Assessing Adverse Impact. Bemis, Stephen E. // Public Personnel Management;Nov/Dec78, Vol. 7 Issue 6, p354
Focuses on the importance of maintaining information regarding the impact of employment practices in the U.S. Presumptions on the adverse impact; Details of the Uniform Guidelines on Employee Selection Procedures; Definition of recruitment process.
- Future staffing. ANGOTT, MARK R. // Credit Union Management;Dec98, Vol. 21 Issue 12, p42
Offers a look at the employment in corporate America. Findings of a survey conducted by Management Recruiters International; Factors that contributed to the shortage of top job talents; Significance of employee retention.
- Assessment day preparation. // Design Week (Online Edition);8/15/2013, p14
In this article the author focuses on his first assessment day and asks for suggestions to prepare for the day before hand.
- At work, a new premium on years. Sacirbey, Omar // Christian Science Monitor;3/19/2001, Vol. 93 Issue 78, p14
Discusses the efforts of corporations to seek potential employees with a proven track record, rather than inexperienced workers, amid struggling economic conditions.
- When it comes to hiring, spring has sprung. ALEXANDER, JASON // New Hampshire Business Review;5/2/2014, Vol. 36 Issue 9, p18
The article reports on the increase in the employment rate in various sectors including manufacturing, hospitality, and business services in New Hampshire.