Parents' rights still in infancy, firms admit
- Publications in 2014. // PreCIS;2014 annual review, p34
A list of several publications released by the Centre for Independent Studies (CIS), an Australian public policy research institute, in 2014 is presented which includes "States of Debt," by Robert Carling, "Fairer Paid Parental Leave," by Matthew Taylor, and "The Enlightenment Made Us," by Nick...
- Parental leave 'favours rich.'. Defries, Melanie // Nursery World (Haymarket Business Publications Ltd);7/23/2009, Vol. 109 Issue 4179, p9
The article deals with "Productive Parents," a report from the think-tank Reform, which criticised the current parental leave arrangements in Great Britain. The report argued that working families on parental leave must receive over 5,000 British pounds over six months as a replacement to...
- TARGET30. // PreCIS;2014 annual review, p6
The article focuses on the TARGET30 campaign launched by the Centre for Independent Studies (CIS), a public policy research institute, in Australia in 2013 which aims to reduce government spending below 30% of gross domestic product (GDP) by 2023. It cites several TARGET30 papers, including...
- Daddies' resource. // People Management;04/16/98, Vol. 4 Issue 8, p18
Focuses on government proposals backed by Harriet Herman, British secretary of state for social security, that would give working fathers one week's paid parental leave.
- Get back to work, daddy. // Management Today;Apr97, p10
Talks about the directive from the European Union regarding the right to three months' unpaid leave for each parent in addition to statutory maternity leave. Percentage of the total number of organizations offering paternity leave; Organizations offering generous leave provisions.
- Family-friendly policies should be a joint effort. // Management Today;Aug1998, p11
Focuses on the Parental Leave Directive in Great Britain which focus on the ability of parents to have time off from work when their children are ill. When the directive should be implemented from; Comments from policy officer for The National Council for One Parent Families, Alison Garnham;...
- UK grants paternity leave. Andre, Laura // Mothering;May/Jun2010, Issue 160, p39
The article reports on the new measures of Great Britain that would allow the father of a new baby to have a paternity leave up to six months if the mother returns to work.
- Parental leave: What and where? Core, Francoise; Koutsogeorgopoulou, Vassiliki // OECD Observer;Aug/Sep95, Issue 195, p15
Studies parental leave in various countries. Types of parental leave; Philosophies underlying parental leave; Take-up rate; Correlation between take-up rates and levels of benefits; Factors influencing return to work decisions; Coping of businesses to parental leave. INSET: The flexibility of...
- More time with the kids, please. Anderson, Lucy // New Statesman;08/14/98, Vol. 127 Issue 4398, p22
Presents information on a warning from campaign called POP, stating that the European Union Directive on Parental Leave if implemented would affect family life in Great Britain. Importance of promoting parental leave; Impact of the directive on working families; Requirements for enabling men to...