Washington Superior Court Judge Rules Car-Fee Measure Illegal
- Woman wins appeal for 'GAYSROK' license plate. // Gay & Lesbian Times;8/4/2005, Issue 919, p31
Reports on the court's ruling that the State of Utah cannot block a woman from using her license plate "GAYSROK".
- Truck remains impounded as TC rejects own-goods argument. Aitken, Joan // Commercial Motor;1/24/2008, Vol. 207 Issue 5264, p25
The article reports that Bryce Stewart of Edinburgh, who wrongly claimed exemption from requiring an O-licence, has lost his bid for the return of his impounded vehicle when Scottish Traffic Commissioner Joan Aitken ruled he was using it for business purposes and therefore operating illegally....
- You be the Judge. Schorr, José // Saturday Evening Post;8/5/1961, Vol. 234 Issue 31, p63
Cites a court decision regarding the duplication of driver's license.
- Ohio "Choose Life" License Plate Lawsuit Dropped. Townsend, Liz // National Right to Life News;Oct2006, Vol. 33 Issue 10, p6
The article reports on the ruling of the U.S. Supreme Court to drop a case filed by the American Civil Liberties Union (ACLU) against the Choose Life license plates program in Ohio. ACLU has argued that the program is unequally promoting one side of the debate in abortion. A statement was issued...
- TC brands Transconsult boss 'cavalier' and 'self-promoting'. Jewell, Mike // Commercial Motor;4/20/2006, Vol. 203 Issue 5174, p24
The article focuses on the ruling made by Great Britain's North-Western Traffic Commissioner (TC) Beverley Bell on the case filed by three operators against transport consultancy firm Transconsult and its boss Alec Hayden. Bell has decided that she will not accept Hayden or anyone from...
- Arizona and Missouri May Get Choose Life License Plates. Townsend, Liz // National Right to Life News;Feb2008, Vol. 35 Issue 2, p7
The article reports that motorists in Arizona and Missouri may possibly obtain Choose Life license plates after positive decisions issued by courts. According to the 9th Circuit of the U.S. Court of Appeals, the License Plate Commission violated the right of free speech after refusing a pro-life...
- Abortion foes lose battle over license-plate slogan. Yen, Hope // Buffalo Law Journal;1/27/2005, Vol. 77 Issue 8, p4
Reports on the lower court ruling upheld by the U.S. Supreme Court which found that the South Carolina license plates bearing the slogan Choose Life has violated the First Amendment because abortion-rights supporters were not given a similar forum to express their beliefs. Implications of the...
- Tribunal overturns licence curtailment. // Commercial Motor;1/18/2007, Vol. 205 Issue 5212, p35
The article reports on the decision of the British Transport Tribunal (TC) to overturn the license curtailment of Salisbury, England-based Cassels Transport by Western Traffic Commissioner Philip Brown, in 2007. The TC had ordered that the license held by Cassels Transport was reduced from 15...
- Auto registration. // Business News New Jersey;12/27/95, Vol. 8 Issue 24, p22
Looks at auto registration in New Jersey. Passenger-car registrations an indication of three things; Average age of fleet state's roads; Consumer confidence; General state of the economy; 1986 high point for passenger-car registrations.