- Transco targets new markets in awareness push. // Precision Marketing;9/20/2002, Vol. 14 Issue 51, p3
Reports improvements to Great Britain-based gas supplier Transco PLC's direct marketing strategy. Focus on the grey and student markets.
- Transco review puts media, creative and strategy out to pitch. Lee, Jeremy // Campaign;5/17/2002, Issue 19, p3
Reports on the evaluation of the advertising account of gas pipeline operator Transco in Great Britain.
- Transco job cuts plan could provoke strike. // Professional Engineering;2/13/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 3, p5
Reports the retrenchment plans of gas infrastructure company Transco PLC in Great Britain. Number of employees to be dismissed; Plan of GMB union group to stage a strike; Details of the financial status of the company.
- Transco e-deal for BuildOnline. Leitch, John // Contract Journal;3/26/2003, Vol. 417 Issue 6419, p9
Reports on the construction contract awarded by British gas transporter Transco to BuildOnline, under which it will provide Internet project collaboration and electronic-tendering. Significance of the contract to BuildOnline; Details of the project.
- Transco slams lane rentals as too expensive. Pearman, Ross // Contract Journal;11/19/2003, Vol. 421 Issue 6453, p4
Deals with the criticisms of utilities contractor Transco on the attempt of the British government to introduce lane rentals as costly and ineffective. Cost of charging the contractor for lane usage for gas works since March 2002; Suggestions for improving efficiency and performance.
- Transco cuts staff costs with mySAP. Adshead, Antony // Computer Weekly;10/24/2002, p8
Reports that gas supplier Transco PLC has undertaken three major information technology projects to achieve cost-reduction by 2007. Plans of the company to cut staff members; Replacement of the core legacy systems of the company with mySap database; Development of a gas meter asset management...
- LOOK AFTER THE PENNIES PLUGGING A HOLE. // Management Today;Nov2003, p19
Digging up the pavement to repair a gas leak used to force passing pedestrians to negotiate an obstacle course of barriers and metal plates to reach their destination. All this changed when two Transco PLC engineering technicians from Bradford, England suggested that highly visible panel...
- Carbon target depends on coal. Milne, Roger // Utility Week;2/20/2004, Vol. 21 Issue 8, p13
Provides information on matters concerning public utilities in Great Britain as of February 2004. Projected carbon emissions in the country in 2010; Impact of the British Emissions Trading Scheme on generation costs; Performance of the System Operator incentive scheme of Transco.
- The physical gas supply system. // British Gas Utility Market Report;2004, Vol. 2, p22
Describes the physical gas supply system in Great Britain. Delivery of gas to the seven reception points on the coast by gas producers operating rigs in about 100 fields beneath the sea around the British Isles. Length of pipeline composing the high pressure part of Transco's transmission...