- Suitably informed. Weekes, Sue // Personnel Today;3/15/2005, p12
The article focuses on the House of Fraser PLC, founded in 1849, which is a leading high-street retailer, employing more than 157,000 people across 46 stores. The aim is to implement an HR management system, designed to be the frontline platform for all HR systems within House of Fraser. House...
- Retailer offers undergraduates retainers to meet staffing needs. Goodwin, Bill // Computer Weekly;10/26/2004, p81
The article reports on House of Fraser PLC's cost-effective way of recruiting extra help for large roll-outs. House of Fraser is solving its Information Technology (IT) recruitment problems by paying undergraduate IT students retainers to join the firm after they graduate. The department store...
- BONUS SCHEMES: CASE STUDY - House of Fraser extends bonus scheme. // Marketing Week;9/4/2008, Vol. 31 Issue 36, p42
The article presents a case study of bonus scheme at House of Fraser Ltd. in Great Britain. The company has restructured its bonus programme, extending it to all 6,000 staff. The programme, which is based on store profitability, reflects the business's new structure. According to Mark Gifford,...
- Retailers call on HR to increase apprenticeships. Peacock, Louisa // Personnel Today;6/9/2009, p21
The article reports that retailers Sainsbury PLC and House of Fraser Ltd. have called on human resource professionals to offer more diplomas and apprenticeships as a means of motivation for the staff. They have urged retailers to promote the career paths that are available despite the recession....
- House of Fraser shutting 3 stores. // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;1/17/1995, Vol. 169 Issue 10, p2
Reports on House of Fraser PLC's plans to close three stores in the spring of 1995.
- HoF's home concept style for Barkers. // Cabinet Maker;12/05/97, Issue 5067, p5
Discloses that House of Fraser PLC is renovating its Kensington High Street outlet in London, England. Plan to open a floor dedicated to the retailer's home concept life styling.
- Stores to close as House of Fraser bites the bullet. Stanton, Justin // Housewares;Oct96, Issue 130, p2
Reports on the closing of House of Fraser company's stores in London due to pre-tax loss and poor sales performance. Comment of Brian McGean, chairman House of Fraser group on the store closure; Research undertaken by the group to identify core customers; Remarks of McGean about the progress of...
- HoF ready to close stores? // Housewares;Jan/Feb97, Issue 132, p4
Reports on the speculation that the House of Fraser PLC is on the verge of selling or closing some of its stores.
- Useless precision? // Management Accounting: Magazine for Chartered Management Account;May94, Vol. 72 Issue 5, p48
Evaluates the House of Fraser plc.'s prospectus. Information of interest to management accountants; Function of accounting reports.