- Twist of freight. John, Geraint // People Management;11/12/1998, Vol. 4 Issue 22, p38
Features English Welsh & Scottish Railway Ltd., finalist at the 1998 Institute of Personnel and Development Award. Role of the company's human resource team in undertaking the culture change and restructuring employment conditions and working practices; Condition of the rail industry; Factors...
- Piggyback rail freight service ready to roll. // Professional Engineering;05/27/98, Vol. 11 Issue 10, p12
Reports on the proposed plans for a regular trailer wagon service between Scotland and London by the English, Welsh and Scottish Railway (EWS) company. When this service will commence; Conditions of the service; Cost of the service; Details on proposed plans of EWS regarding the service; Plans...
- NEWS FLASH? // Motor Transport;9/8/2005, p3
Presents news briefs on motor transportation in Great Britain as of September 2005. Acquisition of G Van Dongen Holdings BV by Gist; Schedule of the industrial tribunal action of GMB union against Asda; Award received by English, Welsh and Scottish Railway at the National Rail Awards.
- EWS extends freight movement. Cozier, Muriel // European Chemical News;3/3/2003, Vol. 78 Issue 2042, p16
Reports that freight operator English Welsh & Scottish has launched a service for the movement of containers from the port of Felixstowe to Wakefield in England in 2003.
- Freight expectations. Jasper, Chris // Director;Nov97, Vol. 51 Issue 4, p34
Features the English, Welsh and Scottish Railway (EWS), rail freight operator in Great Britain. Reason for the decline in freight traffic from 1952 to 1975; Factors for the freight renaissance; Initiatives implemented by Ed Burkhardt of EWS; Items transported by the company. INSETS: EWS: A...
- Rods away at Barry! // Railways Illustrated;Nov2007, Vol. 5 Issue 11, p11
A photograph of an English, Welsh and Scottish Railway Ltd. (EWS) red 08511 train on the Barry Island Railway in Great Britain is presented.
- EWS plans longer coal trains. // Railways Illustrated;Jan2007, Vol. 5 Issue 1, p20
The article reports on the plans of English, Welsh and Scottish Railway to launch its Energy and Industrial Sectors in Great Britain as part of the four-way split of the business and the launch of longer coal train operations. EWS Energy also announced plans to increase the lengths of its...
- Railtrack wagon purchase angers freight carrier. // Professional Engineering;05/26/99, Vol. 12 Issue 10, p4
Reports on the reaction of English Welsh and Scottish Railway Ltd. (EWS) on the decision of Railtrack PLC to acquire over 1,000 rail wagons for work being done by EWS and other companies in Great Britain. Railtrack's failure to expand more trains; EWS' indecision about going to court;...
- ENGLISH WELSH & SCOTTISH RAILWAY INVEST A FURTHER ...17M IN NEW ROLLING STOCK. // Coal International;Mar/Apr2000, Vol. 248 Issue 2, p43
Evaluates the coal wagons ordered by English Welsh & Scottish Railway from Thrall Europa, York. Capability, capacity and description of the coal wagons.